Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry probably a stupid question, I have a GA-Z170X-UD5 which is pretty much the same as this mobo. I'm trying to overclock but the items that I need to change (like the multiplier) are all set to AUTO and I can't change them? Is there a setting somewhere I need to flip so I can manually put in the OC values?
you should just type the number you want and it will replace the auto if you have it selected

Try the -/+ keys ... I think that is what does it on UD5 TH?

you should just type the number you want and it will replace the auto if you have it selected

lol I knew it was something stupid I missed, I should have read the right panel with the button instructions :)

anyways thanks to you guys I got it working now, I'm sitting at 4.5 with 1.3 volts, running prime95 and seems stable so far. but It's up at 66 degrees. I'm thinking about lowering to 4.4

thanks again for the help guys

Could anyone help me? I have the same setup like "jerivalu". It always happens after I click "Boot Mac OS X" (I am trying to install El Capitan 10.11). I am using a USB Stick 3.0 with 128 GB.

Could anyone help me? I have the same setup like "jerivalu". It always happens after I click "Boot Mac OS X" (I am trying to install El Capitan 10.11). I am using a USB Stick 3.0 with 128 GB.

Not sure, but I think I've read somewhere that you should use a 16 or 32GB USB stick. As you can read on the few last lines, your freeze's USB related, anyway.
There are so many ways things can go wrong, try to stick with 100% approved hardware. Good luck.

Thunderbolt tests:
I got the Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor, and once I've booted into windows and 'initialized' the devices, the two peripherals I own worked. One is the LaCie Thunderbolt to eSATA Hub, the other is a BlackMagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor.
With the LaCie, I could previously turn a drive on and have it mount, but on the Hackintosh, I need to have the drive on a boot time. I copied a 25gig file in 2 minutes so speed seemed correct.

Edit: I am in fact able to hot-swap drives connected to the LaCie Thunderbolt to eSATA Hub. (tested with CRU RTX and LaCie Quadra D2)

blackmagic.jpg esata.jpg

Last edited:
Thunderbolt tests:
I got the Startech Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adaptor, and once I've booted into windows and 'initialized' the devices, the two peripherals I own worked. One is the LaCie Thunderbolt to eSATA Hub, the other is a BlackMagic Ultrastudio Mini Monitor.
With the LaCie, I could previously turn a drive on and have it mount, but on the Hackintosh, I need to have the drive on a boot time. I copied a 25gig file in 2 minutes so speed seemed correct.
View attachment 203918 View attachment 203919
thanks for the testing!

Thunderbolt tests:

Edit: I am in fact able to hot-swap drives connected to the LaCie Thunderbolt to eSATA Hub. (tested with CRU RTX and LaCie Quadra D2)

View attachment 203918 View attachment 203919
Hot Swapping is possible because it happens at the Hub, not the TBT controller on board.
IMHO.
Cheers!

Thank you jerivalu for the guide and supporting discussions.
I bought the mobo, processor and all other but I dont see wifi and BlueTooth card you used? You mention in the guide that imessage works but how have you done this? What about Continuity and Handoff? Is it working?

I bought m.2 950 Samsung SSD so this slot is occupied in the mainboard = I'cant go the way
tonymacx86 described here:( Is it some other way?

Last edited:
Thank you jerivalu for the guide and supporting discussions.
I bought the mobo, processor and all other but I dont see wifi and BlueTooth card you used? You mention in the guide that imessage works but how have you done this? What about Continuity and Handoff? Is it working?

I bought m.2 950 Samsung SSD so this slot is occupied in the mainboard = I'cant go the way
tonymacx86 described here:( Is it some other way?

There is plenty of PCIe solutions for e.g.
http://www.osxwifi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back