Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, out of ideas. Didn't pay much attention when I installed(as I don't need the builtin audio to work), but it just worked.

thanks for the rapid response anyway. I too don't need the onboard audio, but I'm a little worried this could be a hardware error.

If you have Windows installed(I don't) or some form of Linux you could check for a hardware error.

ok, ubuntu live ISO USB booted and I was able to quickly test the sound. It works, i.e. hardware is fine. Somewhere along the install process something is not working...

On a side note, Ubuntu really looks impressive.

Yes. Linux has come a long way. But I would have to switch DAW's/Photo Editors/Movie Editors once more. I like a challenge every now and then, but that's a bit radical...

I guess it will work after waking up the TB drivers in windows. No hot swapping though, TB devices will have to be connected at boot. All wishful thinking, of course.
Connectivity may improve with the introduction of new Mac models. Unfortunately, TB is not very important for most hackers, hence no/slow development
It's not even about hacking... It is reported to work, but no confirmation yet..... It's just about somebody making a test....
Cheers

It's not even about hacking... It is reported to work, but no confirmation yet..... It's just about somebody making a test....
Cheers

Well, it sure is important to me! ;-)

Hey all sorry work has been crazy lately-

So I received my startech thunderbolt 3 -> TB2 adapter today (only 65 bucks on b+h), but currently I don't have any devices to test it with :p I'm trying to borrow a drive from a friend asap.

Very interested in the results of this! Thanks for updating!

waiting patiently for the results...

oh, me?

Well, I poked around (did not document what I did!) but managed to get Audio Devices to show up, but not play sound.

I just up the complication by adding a IOGear BT4.0 GBU521 Bluetooth Adaptor. Seems to work for the mouse but not for handoff or continuity. I just found an old drive lying around and I think I want to install a fresh copy to see what's up.

I think I've pinned down the problems to a SIP lockdown preventing me from making changes to things.

oh. in the last hour or so, i managed to follow the instructions on post #1 to the letter, on an empty disk.

Now, the sound works... I guess it's just a PEBKAC error. Nothing to see here everyone. :silent:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back