Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not for me on Z170X-UD5-TH/HD530 graphics

Same-
Updated to clover 3556, changed bios ErP and have shutdownfix + SlpSmiAtWake options in clover and it did not fix it for me, but again it might be my watercooling usb.

Same-
Updated to clover 3556, changed bios ErP and have shutdownfix + SlpSmiAtWake options in clover and it did not fix it for me, but again it might be my watercooling usb.
Nuts! I was hoping we'd have a universal (motherboard wise) fix for this problem. So, far only one ASUS system worked.

Hey everyone,

First up, thank you to everyone who contributed to make my first hackintosh experience relatively painless. Having not built a system in over 10 years it's amazing how much, and also how little, has changed.

I built my system yesterday, and have since been pulling my hair out over how to get my audio to show up.

I followed jerivalus' instructions to the letter, and got everything to work too, except my onboard audio.

I can see the devices in System Information, but they don't show up in my Audio Preferences pane; they look like this:

View media item 186916
Plugging in speakers or earphones does not seem to help.

I've tried Clover configurator options Devices>Audio> blank or detect, but both don't seem to change the outcome.
Similarly, option Reset HDA does not help.

Any ideas what I should do next to get the audio to work?

What devices do you see in Programs/Utilities/Audio-MIDI configuration? In the Audio window, that is, not MIDI?

What devices do you see in Programs/Utilities/Audio-MIDI configuration? In the Audio window, that is, not MIDI?

only my USB DAC speakers. None of the onboard audio devices.

I would try to use the latest Multibeast to just reinstall the drivers for Skylake/1150 audio. I ran MB twice as per the instructions (with an older version of MB)

I would try to use the latest Multibeast to just reinstall the drivers for Skylake/1150 audio. I ran MB twice as per the instructions (with an older version of MB)

just did as you said. Nope, still not working. Disconnected the mobo headers for the front panel audio sockets, does not seem to change anything.

Sorry, out of ideas. Didn't pay much attention when I installed(as I don't need the builtin audio to work), but it just worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back