Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are decent I guess...they don't look great compared to Jerivalu's 64bit scores, but I don't know that those tests are comparable.

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting..I just noticed that OSX is only seeing 1 of my memory sticks now, but it's at 3200Mhz instead of 2400. I guess I need to play around with the memory settings some more.

Edit - Actually it sees 2 x 8GB sticks instead of 2x16GB. Interesting. I never setup my memory in Clover because it didn't have 16GB options....but OSX saw 32GB nonetheless

Edit #2 - I added the memory slot information to the SMBIOS section of my config and OSX is seeing all 32GB now...weird

Last edited:
They are decent I guess...they don't look great compared to Jerivalu's 64bit scores, but I don't know that those tests are comparable.

full

full
Geekbench is OK. The paid 64-bit version geekbench score (that I don't have) scores roughly +11% from the free 32-bit version. Keep that in mind when comparing scores.

Last edited by a moderator:
The only problem I seem to have is that when I boot, my left monitor needs to be turned off and then turned back on. Could be an nVidia issue.

I also have two monitors and had the same problem... I solved it by using method 2 (instead of method 1) of fix for Problem 4 in the "Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems" thread. :thumbup:

To my surprise, the problem is fixed. I only see my Clover EFI partition now in the BIOS, and nothing else, even after a couple of reboots.
Yesterday, I threw out all the spurious stuff in the EFI shell once more, disabled 2 erroneous boot entries in the BIOS, saved my BIOS Settings and now all looks fine... Weird. Let's hope it stays fixed. Don't see much of a pattern here.

Good to hear that the problem is fixed.

Cheers,
Erwin

@zipb I tried, and still I get the extra boot entries as well. Based on reading through NUMEROUS posts it seems like luck-of-the-draw on a fix. Some permanent and some temporary. All seem to be clover related???
Have you been able to fix it?

Cheers,
Erwin

Have you been able to fix it?

Cheers,
Erwin
Hi. I wound up wiping to start fresh. When I find time to try again, I'll post results.
Cheers!

Thanks Jerivalu,
Just need thunderbolt 3 to work with a TB2 adapter, so I can use my Raids & Blackmagic box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back