Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running (mostly) same build. Have yet to run iMessage fix, but have a question on why successive reboots each adds UEFI entry when I select F12.

2 questions:
1) How to prevent the extra additions?
2) How to get rid of all the extra entries?

Thanks all who got me to this point. Great guide Jerivalu!!! I wish I had you post when I started this adventure.

To remove extra UEFI entries I use this program in windows. Be careful not to remove all of the entries!!! You need to leave one of each type~ Ever since I updated to 10.11.5 I have not had a duplicate problem.

Is anyone else using the Optical Audio out option? I can't get OS X to setup "encoded audio" on my optical out. If I use MplayerX I can get DTS/AC3 surround out to my amp - but I can't do the same in VLC. In reading through a few posts it appears that VLC relies on the system to determine audio capabilities. Audio MIDI Setup sees the optical out, but won't let me set it for Encoded Output. I noticed that the version of RealtekHDA installed by MultiBeast is 2.1, while the current version is 2.5 and appears to have addressed a few things. In your opinion is this worth pursuing? The Toleda docs make it looks like a really involved solution - is it worth it?

@zipb and jerivalu. Thank you. For me, the multiple entries happened in 10.4 and 10.5 (upgrade and fresh install). I'm wondering what causes this behavior.

Thanks for the Easy UEFI suggestion Jerivalu. I'll try that soon as i am also affected by the UEFI entry duplication.

On another note, i havent found how to fix the noise and audio cuts from my sound card. I did try what you asked me. I get the same problem with headphones. There's no problem under Windows 10 so i know it's not a hardware issue.
I just purchased a cheap USB sound card.... but still if anyone has the same issue or has an idea of another kext or something to try... let me know.

Thanks.

I don't have Windows, so Easy UEFI is not an easy option for me. Anyone know of a working terminal/Clover/Linux solution?

Got rid of all stuff in EFI partitions on all disks, except for my JBOD RAID and Clover boot disk. EFI Mounter can't mount the RAID, so I can't get rid of any stuff left there. Should be nothing in them.
See if this helps. I have my doubts...

I had trouble posting/booting at first with Bios F3 & 32 GB of RAM. Post with only 16 GB(2 sticks of RAM) worked, I could get into the BIOS with the del key, I then upgraded BIOS to F5 and everything was fine.
Didn't have EC 51, but 32. Try what happens if you only use 1 stick of RAM and then boot.

Thanks for the recommendation, works so far! Got the motherboard to post and updated the BIOS. Everything works fine after reinstall right now

@shteveee F5 seemed to make all the difference for me, as well.
@zipb
Got rid of all stuff in EFI partitions on all disks, except for my JBOD RAID and Clover boot disk. EFI Mounter can't mount the RAID, so I can't get rid of any stuff left there. Should be nothing in them.
See if this helps. I have my doubts...
How did you remove the entries? PLz let me know the outcome. Do you know how to file bug report on tonymacx86, as I don't?

Warning: be careful, otherwise you will trash your boot partition and will not be able to boot.

Precautions:
Find your boot disk number by using 'diskutil list' command in the terminal. My bootdisk is disk02, I think. Mount your boot EFI partition with EFI Mounter or Clover Config and make a copy of the EFI folder just in case you wipe the wrong EFI partition.
Then unmount your boot partition.

EFI mount your other disks. Delete everything(remnants of older clover installs, chimera, emergency disks etc) on these partitions, I wiped them completely.

Then reboot and enter the Clover EFI shell. Use the cbfg(I think, not in front of my hack now) boot dump and cbfg boot rem as per the instructions on this thread:

[GUIDE] Remove extra Clover BIOS boot entries & prevent further problems

That's wat I did, don't know yet if this will fix it once and for all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back