Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Sleep / Shutdown - I haven't had any shutdown issues - when I tell it to shutdown it works.

Shutdown problem(immediate reboot) still there in 10.11.5...
Same here.
Would anyone with working sleep and shutdown care to post the contents of their EFI folder please?

Thanks for the verification! I'm going to reload Windows with the other drives physically disconnected instead of just disabled. When you installed Win10 did you see the UEFI Partition and the Larger partition? Did you erase both, or just the larger one?

I deleted all partitions on the drive and let Win 10 make what it wanted. After Win 10 finished everything, updates and all, I shut it down and reconnected the OS X drives and it has been fine ever since.

Good question. There are reports of the Thunderbolt 3 ports working on this board in the same manner as Thunderbolt 2, ie using Windows drivers to initialize the controller. I haven't tested personally yet, but I'll be picking up a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt adapter sometime next month. Then I can test on Thunderbolt to ethernet, Thunderbolt to SATA, and Thunderbolt to Firewire adapters. Something like this:

View attachment 195126
StarTech.com Thunderbolt 3 USB-C to Thunderbolt Adapter
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B019FPJDQ2/?tag=tonymacx86com-20

Here's a testing thread I made for my main rig a few years back with further explanation.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/gigabyte-ga-z87x-ud7-th-thunderbolt-2-0-testing.120690/

I put this adapter on pre order and will post results when I receive the item. B&H has it for $65.

For Sleep / Shutdown - I haven't had any shutdown issues - when I tell it to shutdown it works.

Shutdown problem(immediate reboot) still there in 10.11.5...

I still have the shutdown problems also even with the 10.11.5 update and shutdown fix via clover config

I still have the shutdown problems also even with the 10.11.5 update and shutdown fix via clover config

here it's the same, and I do have a Nvidia card.

And no NVMe SSD or other special cards? I do have a Startech FW card. You are not using the HD 530 at all? Just the 950?
Yes, NVMe M.2 Samsung 950 Pro ... no, HD530 has been fully configured but I keep it disabled in BIOS. GFX 950 is the only GPU active.

Shutdown/Restart error 50% of the times...

For the Shutdown/Reset problem, disconnect the USB from the Corsair and negate the splitter. Put the fans on the cooler in CPU & CPU OPT. I ran the 3 pin to the router on my H440 case and used that to the system fan for the 4 on board fans. I just control via BIOS. For the WIN10 switch hitters, don't know what to say, you won't get pretty colors and your long but for the tosh crowd it..

Fixed and Solved my restart issue.

Still trying to get this OC to register. OSX now recognizes my RAM... So win win loose for me as of now. EI and SSDT not working

Jerivalu, just wanted to stop by a say thanks for the guide.

I picked up the UD5 TH and a 6700K on Monday and managed to install 10.11.5 without a problem using your guide tonight. Only extra things I needed to do were to update the bios to F5, and use the AGDPfix.app fix due to me running an nVidia card. Best I can tell everything is working just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back