Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
BT and WiFi is working with BCM94360CD card in Windows 10. But connection speed is defenetly slower in Windows. I have second BT/WIFI card BCM943602CS. It's working even better in OS X, same slow speed in Windows and I can't get Bluetooth to work.

My poor ADSL+ has even better ping in Windows.

Windows
5516718177.png

Capitan
5516808966.png

Hello,
Do you loss audio after sleep. I try to fix but no luck.

GA-Z170X-UD5 + Skylake i7-6700 + GTX750 2GB

There's this thread but I haven't tried it out yet:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/f...p-on-1150-and-possibly-other-realteks.170063/

Because it seems to be a real pain, with a risk of kernel panic.

If people with working edited CodecCommander cared to share it with us for both UD5 and UD5 Th, it'd be much appreciated, since I don't have a clone to play with at the moment. I just know AppleHDA script doesn't work—for me, at least.

Last edited:
I just finished a similar build. Working great so far, will post about it later. Thanks for your great instructions!

There is one issue I experienced: when I plug in two external harddisk through USB (front OR back) I get a notification in OSX that there is not enough power to drive the device. If I plug in only one of them, there is no error messages. Is there anything I am missing? It this a software configuration issue (Clover/Multibeast) or is this hardware related? I can't imagine that this motherboard can't drive multiple USB devices (and I will test in Windows tonight to verify!).

Anything in Clover I should try to enable/disable? Suggestions are welcome!

Hi,
At last I've got the card PC/Hackintosh - Apple Broadcom Bcm94360cd - 802.11 A/B/G/N/AC + Bluetooth 4.0 from osxwifi.com.
WiFi works perfectly OOB. Unfortunately Bluetooth don't work. Damn it!
First i switched the PCIe ports. Checked everyone. The same, nothing changed.
Ten times checked every connection cables. :(
Then mail to he firm who sold me this: technical support. Two days left, no answer, contrary to the previous sales mail contact (5 min. response time:))
Then digging in TonyMacx86 website learnt me many tricks to maker BT working, everything what I tried unfortunately didn't.
Probably my two on board USB connectors don't work. But how to make them so?
Rising the port limit on XHC? But I found my install made it in the installation process:Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 07.21.28.png

So my BT is empty:
Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 07.12.21.png

And USB don't see any card with BT
Screen Shot 2016-05-18 at 07.20.53.png

Hmmm, I'm stuck.

Hi All! I've put together a very similar build. Had some troubles but am now running Nvidia (346.03.15f02 GTX 970) video and ALC1150 audio. Thunderbolt on the Mac side is a problem though Windows is fine powering an Apple Thunderbolt display through a Startech adapter via USB-C (after all needed upgrades). I'm writing this because it can help any poor soul who finds that they are using this setup and Eclipse (dev environment suite and variations) and Eclipse keeps crashing on start up. In that case, here is what to do (until Apple hurries up with TB3 drivers). Simply unload the PCI kext or full family kext:

Code:
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleThunderboltPCIAdapters.kext
or
sudo kextunload /System/Library/Extensions/IOThunderboltFamily.kext
and to reload later
Code:
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/AppleThunderboltPCIAdapters.kext
or
sudo kextload /System/Library/Extensions/IOThunderboltFamily.kext

Eclipse should now pass its startup checks. This is because Eclipse does a system check on startup that crashes when Apple can't produce appropriate info for Thunderbolt hardware. Since you won't be using the on-board TB hardware on the Mac side for a bit you can just turn off this functionality.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the guide! Thanks to this, I've been able to get my first hackintosh working with a very similar build.
GA Z170X-UD5
Intel 6700K (skylake)
2x16GM RAM
(no discrete graphics now but I plan to buy an NVIDIA card soon)

problems I encountered:
RAM being recognized as 8GB instead of 16GB (needed to update BIOS and Clover Configurator:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/el-capitan-on-ga-z170x-ud5-success.193293/#post-1263859)

HDMI audio not working (needed to run this script and remove an item from my config.plist: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.143760/)

Problem I still have:
somewhere after a restart in the previous step, my system no longer provided my monitor with full resolution HDMI output - previously I was seeing the correct 2560x1440 resolution, but now I only get 1080p. Curiously, before my system did not recognize my monitor model correctly, but now it does (Asus PB277Q).

Anyone have advice on this? Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back