Contribute
Register

[GUIDE] Jerivalu’s Build: Fresh 10.11.5, Z170X-UD5 TH, 6700k, Intel HD 530, Thunderbolt, Dual Boot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hei, maybe someone can share from 100% working build clover zip. or config.plist, I can only boot system with cpus=4 running 2 cores :(
Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 20.51.34.png

, if I am not using that arg, I get KP. But rest of all working fine
Screen Shot 2016-06-14 at 21.00.30.png .

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I have a near perfect Skylake build except for a few hiccups.
When I put the system to sleep with 'power nap' enabled so that my computer can sync emails and do its TM Backups, when I wake up and then right click in finder the system will freeze and have the spinning beachball until I reboot my computer. I have read in other threads that this can be fixed by disabling 'Put hard disks to sleep when possible', this doesn't do anything for me. If I don't sleep it is running perfect, however I am determined to get sleep to work as I own a Asus Zenbook and don't have this problem at all on it.
Also I have noticed that sometimes the system will boot to a blank black screen and then only after I reboot it does it reach the desktop. I run the 14,2 def as the 17,1 doesn't have a nvidia card in it and required a clover patch to get it working, yet the blank screen starts still persist?!

I have also noticed that when I enable XMP in the F5 bios, and I boot Windows 10 Enterprise 64 and reboot, my bios will say something alone the lines of a failed configuration and I am forced to then disable the XMP and then it reboots normally.
Does anyone else have these issues or knows how to help? This is the case when I have a clean windows install even without hackintiosh.

I have noticed that when I had the system definition of iMac 17,1 then when I would wakeup from sleep I would have a 20 or so second delay, I also experieinced this with the MacPro 6,1 def. When I swapped back to the iMac 14,2 (as I have an nvidia 970 and that def has a nvidia card in it) this delay was completely gone.

My specs:
i7 6700k not overclocked with generated SSDT
Z170 UD5 TH Board with SSDT for USB 3.0 and latest F5 bios.
16GB 2800MHZ GSkill Ripjaws running at stock 2133
OCZ Vertex 256GB SSD with trim enabled
nVidia 970 with nvidia drivers
iMac 14,2 definition
ALC1150 codec clover patched with codec commander for audio after sleep

Many thanks in advance

Mine says '51' too.
I found that if I have my DSDT.aml in Patched clover folder then it goes away and turns into A0?
But I have the same 51 code on windows too?!

I have also noticed that when I enable XMP in the F5 bios, and I boot Windows 10 Enterprise 64 and reboot, my bios will say something alone the lines of a failed configuration and I am forced to then disable the XMP and then it reboots normally.

Try OC memory without XMP. These ready made XMP setups sometimes fail. I had similar problems with GSkill brand.

Hei, maybe you can share your DSDT.aml?
Funny enough its a completely unmodified DSDT though, but it removes the "51" for me.
Just put in clover ACPI Patched folder

Attachments

• DSDT.aml
    136 KB · Views: 138
Try OC memory without XMP. These ready made XMP setups sometimes fail. I had similar problems with GSkill brand.
Thank you, ill give it a try, but even with stock speeds when I reboot from Windows the board powers down, and then starts again with all my USB devices off, so I have to replug them and then they work. At least it doesn't mess up the bios like XMP does.

Are you experiencing 'spinning beach balls' after extended sleep when you right click in finder? still wouldn't have a clue whats causing it for me :/

Are you experiencing 'spinning beach balls' after extended sleep when you right click in finder? still wouldn't have a clue whats causing it for me :/

I do not have those problems, but also my MB if different (Maximus VIII Ranger). Try fiddling with your power states (S1-S5) in BIOS. Sometimes there is no cure to sleep problems.

If you experience USB problems also in Windows 10 then there is definitely something wrong. If you use Win 7 check your drivers.

Hi guys,
I received my motherboard today and updated the Bios, but I have a few questions before running Unibeast+Multibeast:

1. Can I install first HD530, then my GTX670 on the same drive? The latter's getting old, and it might prove handy to be able to swap using a Bios setting, rather than starting all over from scratch.
2. If it's a yes, should I install Nvidia's webdriver? I've never used it before and it's been working fine so far.

I noticed some chatting about 51 code on MB. My manual says that is normal operations, and that is also what I get in Windows. BTW, still getting extra UEFI entries, and still no sound after running multi-beast in legacy and then UEFI. TB ports work for USB (firmware loaded in Windows 10) but I don't have TB drives to test with, so cannot comment. No sleep or shutdown issues with my Nvidia.
Dumb question... How the heck do I get iMessage and iCloud to actually work? I tried following the generic post and am lost.
TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back