Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @johnnyx86

I tried to create a fresh new config.plist for my NUC6i3, but it still has kernel panic right at the start of the booting process. Here attached is the screenshot.
What intrigues me is, Catalina 10.15.6 works using Clover, yet digital audio not working yet.
Did you ever come into this panic as well? What did you do at that time?
It will be very helpful if you are willing to share your config.plist, though.

Thanks again. View attachment 481250

Hello i replied to your post but inadvertently mentioned somethings I should not mention. Anyway here is my EFI folder working flawlessly for my Intel NUC6i3SYH.

I removed the Platforminfo, which you need to fill. Hope my EFI helps you since we have the same hardware.

Forgot to mention that I am using OC 0.6.0, which I compiled myself.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    2 MB · Views: 395
  • Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 6.43.09 PM.png
    Screenshot 2020-07-22 at 6.43.09 PM.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 208
you can use the sanity checker, as already done here to fix some issues:

also check your bios settings
@Feartech
I do the fix based on the sanity checker, as well as refresh setting on my BIOS, and it works. Thanks a lot for the pointer!

Anyway here is my EFI folder working flawlessly for my Intel NUC6i3SYH.
@johnnyx86
Thanks a lot on the EFI. I am curious, I still has problem with no digital audio (audio over DP/HDMI). Do you have similar issue? I compare your EFI with mine and the device properties on the IGFX is same. Also, sleep is not working, i.e. blank screen after wake.

Edit 26Jul20:
Solved the audio problem. It requires FakePCIID and FakePCIID_Intel_Audio for Digital Audio to works.

Last edited:
Hi Johnny,

Your EFI can perfectly boot load my 10.15.6 which fresh installed with Clover. Thanks for your share.

Cheers

ACPI

Attachments

• ACPI.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 141
Hello i replied to your post but inadvertently mentioned somethings I should not mention. Anyway here is my EFI folder working flawlessly for my Intel NUC6i3SYH.

I removed the Platforminfo, which you need to fill. Hope my EFI helps you since we have the same hardware.

Forgot to mention that I am using OC 0.6.0, which I compiled myself.

hello, i tried but no boot . i have the same NUC as you and tried your OC EFI with different SMBIOSEs, on Clover i used to to have iMac 16 like Rehabman said but this time -no go. would you be kind to say which SMBIOS you use
thank you
ps: what happens : when i press enter trying to boot from NUC boot menu nuthin' happens i can press enter endlessly...
thanx again

hello, i tried but no boot . i have the same NUC as you and tried your OC EFI with different SMBIOSEs, on Clover i used to to have iMac 16 like Rehabman said but this time -no go. would you be kind to say which SMBIOS you use
thank you
ps: what happens : when i press enter trying to boot from NUC boot menu nuthin' happens i can press enter endlessly...
thanx again
Hi,

No longer using hackintosh.

Now full-time on Windows 10.

You may want to look at other side that may be able to help you.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back