Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed that I had to add the kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware or mine would constantly fail updates following 10.14.4, is there a reason for this and did anyone else notice on their skylake nuc?

I had the same problem with my NUC6i7KYK. I tried the kernel flag you highlighted, thanks for posting it. With that flag, my NUC would boot, but the login screen would not show up.

I fixed it by deleting the firmware update files in the EFI/APPLE folder when during the Catalina upgrade process the IGPU firmware update would otherwise fail, with a retry-loop until panic. I used the EFI shell to delete those files, though I could have done so using the recovery partition or using a USB EFI boot drive and another machine. The installation completed and everything looks good.

Thank you RehabMan, I've successfully installed 10.15.4 on Intel NUC6i3SYK.

Tips:
FileVault didn't worked
Solution (2 new .kext + change from FakeSMC to VirtualSMC):

Internal Bluetooth 4.1 does work.
How? If you boot into windows first (Bluetooth firmware gets loaded) and restart into macOS. Now Bluetooth is working under macOS until the NUC looses power. (then you have to reboot into windows to make bluetooth work again)

Intel SpeedStep doesn't work
Solution: Use iMac17,1 instead of 16,2 definition in config.plist!
iMac 16,2 (originally Broadwell processor) doesn't support Intel SpeedStep. iMac 17,1 does (Because its originally a Skylake processor)

NVMe works out of the box on Catalina, no extra kext necessary.

Questions:

1.)
Front Audio Input/Output is not working (doesn't get shown inside macOS System Preferences)
Does this mean that AppleALC is useless and can be deleted?

2.)
Everything works without AptioMemoryFix.efi as well.
Does this mean that AptioMemoryFix is useless and can be deleted?

3.)
After deleting USBInjectAll.kext and XHCI-unsupported.kext USB is working excellent.
Is it safe to delete both .kext files or do I need them for anything else?

Last edited:
Hello

I have fresh install of Catalina with unibeast and multibeast. All is ok

But i have one problem:

screen (HDMI) does not wake after sleep

Anyone to help me?

I have put my folder EFI in attachment.

Thank you

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    4.3 MB · Views: 178
I have successfully installed Catalina on my Skull Canyon. Got into some trouble when I was trying to install Clover after the install. It could not mount the EFI, and the scripts from Rehabman would not complete as they should.

I ran this:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
killall Finder

Ran the scripts again + the Clover installer, and it worked. Thought I should mention it in case anyone runs into same problems :)
Hi,
If you have NUC6I7KYK, could you please provide EFI.zip that works for your Catalina installation?

Does anyone could help me? I installed OSX Catalina and everything is almost ok, when I try to build and install EFI I stuck wtih some issue after rebooting, my loading progress goes almost to the end and I see the black screen. I was waiting for 10 more minutes and no result. I use UEFI Boot, so, the system is booting ok from the usb drive and no booting from ssd' EFI

And the second one, is there good driver/solution to get MT7551 WiFi dongle working. I downloaded some different files from the Internet and this forum, but nothing worked for me

Last edited:
NUC6I7KYK

Attachments

• EFI INT-Nuc 6i7kyk.zip
    27.8 MB · Views: 198
Hello,
I have NUC6i5SYK with latest BIOS 0072 because i couldn't find the 0044.
Can you please provide an EFI Zipped directory ? or the 0044 BIOS ?

Because i was on BIOS 0042 before updating, I have completed the installation and Pre-boot (Completed the second stage of installation successfully), But getting stuck on the booting OS from HDD/SDD.
With the following error in the attached screenshot.

photo_2020-06-21_22-56-55.jpg

Hello,
I have NUC6i5SYK with latest BIOS 0072 because i couldn't find the 0044.
Can you please provide an EFI Zipped directory ? or the 0044 BIOS ?

Because i was on BIOS 0042 before updating, I have completed the installation and Pre-boot (Completed the second stage of installation successfully), But getting stuck on the booting OS from HDD/SDD.
With the following error in the attached screenshot.

View attachment 477368
Rehabman is not updating the guides anymore. Time to move to opencore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back