Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this guide to install Mojave. After, when all was working, I make a backup system using CCCloner.

Finally, I updated my system to Catalina with the Mac OS installer from System Preferences. All works again!

Last edited:
Is support for this dead? Looks like all Rehabman support has gone away. Want to know before making any more changes or updates.

Got 3 years out of the NUC so not a bad run.

I have successfully installed Catalina on my Skull Canyon. Got into some trouble when I was trying to install Clover after the install. It could not mount the EFI, and the scripts from Rehabman would not complete as they should.

I ran this:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
killall Finder

Ran the scripts again + the Clover installer, and it worked. Thought I should mention it in case anyone runs into same problems :)

I have successfully installed Catalina on my Skull Canyon. Got into some trouble when I was trying to install Clover after the install. It could not mount the EFI, and the scripts from Rehabman would not complete as they should.

I ran this:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
killall Finder

Ran the scripts again + the Clover installer, and it worked. Thought I should mention it in case anyone runs into same problems :)
hi bro did you have problem with backlight when system wake up ,the light is so dark .maybe my driver have problem. how did you solver it.

ps:best wish to you

I noticed that I had to add the kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware or mine would constantly fail updates following 10.14.4, is there a reason for this and did anyone else notice on their skylake nuc?

I noticed that I had to add the kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware or mine would constantly fail updates following 10.14.4, is there a reason for this and did anyone else notice on their skylake nuc?
I'm using NUC6i5SYK and I have updated from Mojave to Catalina using a System Preferences.

nuc6 catalina efi folder

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    19.5 MB · Views: 440
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back