Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was wondering. In my Skull Canyon machine, there are two M.2 slots available. I currently use the first one for Windows 10. I would like to keep this installation and install OSX on a separate M.2 SSD in the second slot. Are there other folks who have this setup? If so, is it functional and easy to switch between distros (using the boot option of the bios)?

It is quite easy.
If you worry just disconnect Win SSD, connect OSX SSD, once your Hackintosh working well, reconnect Win. You can let clover to manage Win and Mac or use bios F2 boot option.

It is quite easy.
If you worry just disconnect Win SSD, connect OSX SSD, once your Hackintosh working well, reconnect Win. You can let clover to manage Win and Mac or use bios F2 boot option.

Thanks, that was indeed what I was thinking. Remove windows SSD before installing Mac OSX.

I'm having sound problems, normally, I can just force a rebuild of the caches and reboot a couple of times and the sound comes back. not today on this install.

I have upgraded from 10.14.1 to 10.14.5 and I have no DisplayPort sound.

Problem reporting files are from the gen_debug system with a hand added in IOreg set.

Any help in getting sound working again would be appreciated.

Attachments

• debug_23545.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 127
Last edited:
I'm having sound problems, normally, I can just force a rebuild of the caches and reboot a couple of times and the sound comes back. not today on this install.

I have upgraded from 10.14.1 to 10.14.5 and I have no DisplayPort sound.

Problem reporting files are from the gen_debug system with a hand added in IOreg set.

Any help in getting sound working again would be appreciated.

Yes. I have sound problems too. No DisplayPort or HDMI. Headphones work. Also swapped in old High Sierra SSD and DP worked. See recent posts here:

Would love to find out if something is broken by recent upgrade instead of having to reinstall and end up at the same place.

Yes. I have sound problems too. No DisplayPort or HDMI. Headphones work. Also swapped in old High Sierra SSD and DP worked. See recent posts here:

Would love to find out if something is broken by recent upgrade instead of having to reinstall and end up at the same place.
Thank you for the link, I'll have a look and see what that really means, I am disinclined to reinstall when in 10.14.1 it was working, but in 10.14.5 it is broken.

Thank you for the link, I'll have a look and see what that really means, I am disinclined to reinstall when in 10.14.1 it was working, but in 10.14.5 it is broken.

Checked and I have 10.14.4 but it is also broken when I believe it was working before the that updated. I think I installed 10.14.2

Have not upgraded to 10.14.5 yet. But have found an interesting workaround to get audio working again.

After booting up, if I plug in a headphone cable from the NUC to the monitor and then restart the monitor - the DisplayPort audio starts working again. I've tried other variations but it seems like I have to plug it in after logging in.

Hi, can anyone confirm me if thunderbolt 3 is working on the nuc6i7KYK skull canyon?

someone could maybe share tested Clover folder with kext and UEFIdrivers, im struggling second day trying install 10.14.5, thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back