Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Folks,

I have a NUC6i5SYH I've installed Catalina on with OpenCore but after finishing the installer it will not boot. Does anyone have a working Catalina EFI?

Thanks!

IMG_2208.JPG

Last edited:
Rehabman is not updating the guides anymore. Time to move to opencore
Do you have success in installing Catalina in this Skylake NUC using OC? I tried but it goes into kernel panic in the early stage of macOS install, right after OC finish its boot process.

I then turn to Clover using Unibeast, and it can run Catalina 10.15.6 using Clover5119. However, I cannot have digital audio through DP/HDMI, even though I already using newest Lilu/WEG. Anybody here still use this Skylake NUC and willing to share its working EFI folder?

Thanks.

Hello

I have fresh install of Catalina with unibeast and multibeast. All is ok

But i have one problem:

screen (HDMI) does not wake after sleep

Anyone to help me?

I have put my folder EFI in attachment.

Thank you
Hello @athos0512
Have you got any solution for this? I also experience the same, screen goes black after wake from sleep, aside from my digital audio not working.
If you happened to solve the problem, will be very glad if you are willing to share the pointer here.

Do you have success in installing Catalina in this Skylake NUC using OC? I tried but it goes into kernel panic in the early stage of macOS install, right after OC finish its boot process.

I then turn to Clover using Unibeast, and it can run Catalina 10.15.6 using Clover5119. However, I cannot have digital audio through DP/HDMI, even though I already using newest Lilu/WEG. Anybody here still use this Skylake NUC and willing to share its working EFI folder?

Thanks.
Hi @johnnyx86

I tried to create a fresh new config.plist for my NUC6i3, but it still has kernel panic right at the start of the booting process. Here attached is the screenshot.
What intrigues me is, Catalina 10.15.6 works using Clover, yet digital audio not working yet.
Did you ever come into this panic as well? What did you do at that time?
It will be very helpful if you are willing to share your config.plist, though.

Thanks again. 20200718_155908.jpg.389ac208f225237936f21b0f50bdfdac.jpg

Hi @johnnyx86

I tried to create a fresh new config.plist for my NUC6i3, but it still has kernel panic right at the start of the booting process. Here attached is the screenshot.
What intrigues me is, Catalina 10.15.6 works using Clover, yet digital audio not working yet.
Did you ever come into this panic as well? What did you do at that time?
It will be very helpful if you are willing to share your config.plist, though.

Thanks again. View attachment 481250
showing a picture helps, but also uploading your clover folder may help more :)

showing a picture helps, but also uploading your clover folder may help more :)
@Feartech
I posted same issue in your thread of OC guide, sorry.
Here I post again the picture.
20200718_155908.jpg.389ac208f225237936f21b0f50bdfdac.jpg
And I attach my config.plist created with OC0.5.9 guide, yet still unsuccessful.

Thanks for any guidance.

Edit: thanks for the moderation in the other thread, I apologize for the cross duplicates.

Attachments

• config.plist
    20.5 KB · Views: 124
@Feartech
I posted same issue in your thread of OC guide, sorry.
Here I post again the picture.
View attachment 481253
And I attach my config.plist created with OC0.5.9 guide, yet still unsuccessful.

Thanks for any guidance.
you may need to upload your OC folder for someone to take a look

you can use the sanity checker, as already done here to fix some issues:

also check your bios settings
Thanks for the pointer. I will recheck again tomorrow, especially the BIOS setting. It does not have CFG Lock setting, but I believe it is handled by AppleCpuPm quirks in OC, right?

It points on my Security - BootProtect setting. Reading into OC guide and seeing my problem here, I dont think that this is the problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back