Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Motherboard
NUC NUC6i5SYK
CPU
i5-6260U
Graphics
Iris 540
I followed this guide to install Mojave. After, when all was working, I make a backup system using CCCloner.

Finally, I updated my system to Catalina with the Mac OS installer from System Preferences. All works again!

Last edited:
Is support for this dead? Looks like all Rehabman support has gone away. Want to know before making any more changes or updates.

Got 3 years out of the NUC so not a bad run.

Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iMac, Power Mac
Mobile Phone
iOS
I have successfully installed Catalina on my Skull Canyon. Got into some trouble when I was trying to install Clover after the install. It could not mount the EFI, and the scripts from Rehabman would not complete as they should.

I ran this:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
killall Finder

Ran the scripts again + the Clover installer, and it worked. Thought I should mention it in case anyone runs into same problems :)

I have successfully installed Catalina on my Skull Canyon. Got into some trouble when I was trying to install Clover after the install. It could not mount the EFI, and the scripts from Rehabman would not complete as they should.

I ran this:
sudo spctl --master-disable
sudo mount -uw /
killall Finder

Ran the scripts again + the Clover installer, and it worked. Thought I should mention it in case anyone runs into same problems :)
hi bro did you have problem with backlight when system wake up ,the light is so dark .maybe my driver have problem. how did you solver it.

ps:best wish to you

Motherboard
Intel NUC 6i7KYK
CPU
i7-6770HQ
Graphics
Iris Pro 580
Mac
MacBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I noticed that I had to add the kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware or mine would constantly fail updates following 10.14.4, is there a reason for this and did anyone else notice on their skylake nuc?

Motherboard
NUC NUC6i5SYK
CPU
i5-6260U
Graphics
Iris 540
I noticed that I had to add the kernel flag -disablegfxfirmware or mine would constantly fail updates following 10.14.4, is there a reason for this and did anyone else notice on their skylake nuc?
I'm using NUC6i5SYK and I have updated from Mojave to Catalina using a System Preferences.

Motherboard
NUC6i7kyk
CPU
i7-6770HQ
Graphics
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
Hey good day everyone....Can anybody who updated to Catalina successfully and already set up everything send me their efi folder please for the NUC6i7KYK

Feartech

Motherboard
Asus N752VX-OpenCore
CPU
i7-6700HQ / HM170
Graphics
HD 530 1920 x 1080
Mac
iMac
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hey good day everyone....Can anybody who updated to Catalina successfully and already set up everything send me their efi folder please for the NUC6i7KYK
or you could follow the guide and learn some key skills