Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks, I'll check it again now. I don't have an SSD so didn't think I'd need apfs driver.

Hi have you managed to resolve the kext stalled ACPICPU problem? Mine is also i3syh, and has the same problem.

Have not upgraded to 10.14.5 yet. But have found an interesting workaround to get audio working again.

After booting up, if I plug in a headphone cable from the NUC to the monitor and then restart the monitor - the DisplayPort audio starts working again. I've tried other variations but it seems like I have to plug it in after logging in.

you can also turn the nuc on first , then afer a while ( 15-25 secs ) turn the monitor on. thus, hdmi audio starts working again. ps: had this problem till 10.14.5 is out, upgraded to this version and e'rything worked outta box, now after upgrading to 10.14.6, gotta get back to the previously described method.

Last edited:
I have created a clover usb drive UEFI with 2 partitions mac os extended journaled with mojave in it EFI fat32 which has all kexts etc to get it going.

This drive wont boot up in my NUC with bios defaults and the few options changed in the instruction guide.

The USB drive will show up and run on my macair so I believe the usb drive is setup correctly.

Any ideas on were I should be looking?

Thanks

I see UEFI : USB : Mac OS X : PART 0 : OS Bootloader When I turn on the nuc and hit the F10 to select the boot option and when I select it nothing happens

Hi all,
I have the same problem as @samanfield
How to solve this problem?

Thanks

Last edited:
Has anyone been able to perform a clean installation of mojave 10.14.6? I am using Clover r4988 and I am stuck in the configuration screen, when I try to select the country the Nuc automatically restarts every time I try, I don't know how to fix it

Try to start the system in Safe Boot mode and see if the problem persists.

Try to start the system in Safe Boot mode and see if the problem persists.
Believe or not that working for me! Thanks so much! I think one kext doesn't load properly and that cause the loop at the configuration screen. So, now, I need fix the Audio because doesn't work

Hi have you managed to resolve the kext stalled ACPICPU problem? Mine is also i3syh, and has the same problem.

I got the same problem, turns out (for me at least) that you need to wait for approx 4x or so ACPICPU timeouts before the installer starts.
I timed this on my NUC6i7KYK and it took 18mins and 23s to reach the installers "Language" selector, from pressing enter in the clover boot screen. Most time is spent waiting on ACPICPU timeouts.

EDIT: I did change to the non rehabman-version of clover after the final reboot (but keeping the drivers/kext), this was the only way to reach the installed OS at the end. This also had no ACPI-problems, but I couldn't even begin installing with the non rehab-version interesting enough since I couldn't get past the "+++++++++".

Last edited:
[QUOTE =“franzzup,帖子:1839750,成员:665099”]
我有一个三星PM961 NVMe启动驱动器,它需要10.12.6中的HackrNVMeFamily.kext.10.14原生支持PM961。升级后我的NUC无法启动并报告了与详细模式的Apple NVMe驱动程序冲突,但我删除了HackrNVMeFamily .kext(通过启动安装程序并使用
[/引用]
Hello,
I have two Hackintosh's installed according this guide (which worked out perfectly THX @ Rehabman)
1. NUC6i7KYK running 10.14.3 (Clover 4701)
2. NUC6i5SYH running 10.14.3 and Window 7 (Clover 4658)
Both are running smooth.
The NUC6i5SYH mentioned the SW upgrade to 10.14.4 (and CL-tools).
But my NUC6i7KYK does not recognise that there is a SW upgrade available.

I haven't done the upgrade yet.
Did somebody with a NUC6 see similar things?

View attachment 395696View attachment 395697View attachment 395698
could u reply ur efi,thanks

Following this guide I was able to get 10.3.6 operational on a NUC6i7KYK. Initially hit some snags trying to start with a fresh install of 10.4.6 and will be making another attempt at Mojave when time frees up.

Can 2nd l33fs experience with waiting through ACPICPU timeouts during Mojave install boot. 15+ mins from clover to mac setup gui was average. (10.14.6 installer, following #1) Switched to High Sierra after a hitting a wall with APFS keybag issues installing mojave. And HS may give me the opportunity to mess around with a nvidia eGPU via T3.

This NUC is not a daily driver, but I will report back on my experiences for benefit of other SC owners.

Thank you, RehabMan, for the thorough guide and every informational post throughout this forum. Long time reader, first time account holder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back