Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've only just recently installed the OS. I'm pretty sure I haven't deleted any kexts, let alone the graphics kexts. I've only added kexts to the kexts/Other folder in the EFI partition just until everything was working. I have not touched any kexts from the OS drive at this point. Is this my only option?

I've only just recently installed the OS. I'm pretty sure I haven't deleted any kexts, let alone the graphics kexts. I've only added kexts to the kexts/Other folder in the EFI partition just until everything was working. I have not touched any kexts from the OS drive at this point. Is this my only option?

EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is maintained by install_downloads.sh, so not sure what you mean...

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Last edited:
EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is maintained by install_downloads.sh, so not sure what you mean...

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I meant when I was setting everything up to install the OS. I didn't have access to Ethernet as my router isn't easily accessible so had to work offline to begin with so did initial setup manually. But I haven't removed anything from L/E or S/L/E. I downloaded the OS from app store when I had El Capitan running before installing High Sierra. The upgrade trashed my system so installed High Sierra from macOS installer. I have a dual boot with Linux with fully working wi Fi so was able to copy the Applications folder to my older working hacintosh desktop and create the USB installer from there. I originally had it working perfectly using the unibeast method but without sound. No extra extensions were needed. Decided to sort out sound issue using these instructions and graphics dropped to 7gb.
I'll try installer again when I have more free time.

Just wondering if I should change smbios to use imac 17,1 as I don't plan on using dual monitor setup. I think originally I had used 13,2 from my el Capitan install. Changed to 14,2 when I installed high sierra from scratch. Just thought it might make a difference

Just wondering if I should change smbios to use imac 17,1 as I don't plan on using dual monitor setup. I think originally I had used 13,2 from my el Capitan install. Changed to 14,2 when I installed high sierra from scratch. Just thought it might make a difference

The guide has some recommendations for SMBIOS.
What you do/prefer is your own decision.

Does anybody have any thoughts on the Hades Canyon NUC? I'm looking for a replacement for my Mac mini.

Last edited:
Hello, I have a question regarding the internal headers for my NUC6i7KYK.

I've been running High Sierra on it successfully for about a year and a half with no issues (many thanks for your guide!), but I've decided to disassemble the unit and place it in an iMac G4 globe with the screen removed for a project.

So far, I've got everything to fit perfectly, but I chose to use a USB 3.0 header cable with 2 USB ports on it (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JTEZUFM) to internalize the WiFi and Bluetooth dongles. I'm also using the 2.0 header (https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JTEZQRY/) and used this to feed the power switch to the native power button.

With everything mostly put in place, I decided to start the machine. External power switch works, macOS boots, but then the WiFi and Bluetooth don't show up. Upon re-reading the guide, I've seen that these headers have not been tested, and upon inspecting SSDT-USB.dsl I noticed that the headers are disabled. I've also booted into a Windows environment, and can confirm that devices plugged into the ports provided by these headers work.

All that said, my question is: If I were to use the newly-added USBs for this purpose, how might I go about modifying the DSDT/SSDT to work with it? They seem to have power (I have a small USB book light, which lights up as soon as it's plugged in), but no data. I may even use the other USB 2.0 ports for some other purposes, so I'd like to enable those as well.

Thank you!

EDIT: I actually ended up figuring this out. I re-followed the guide starting at Post Installation and using "~/Projects2" instead. Before using the "make" command, I modified the SSDT-USB.dsl file and added the lines for HS05 & HS06, following the same principles as the USB ports above it. Afterwards, followed the guide the rest of the way (building and installing) and restarted my machine. I now have "internal" WiFi and Bluetooth! Super simple, I thought about trying this last night but felt like that may not be the right choice without at least getting some consultation first. Ended up just trying it anyway, very pleased with the results. Thank you again for this wonderful guide. These machines are great, but so much better with macOS.

Last edited:
I have been trying to get a Bluetooth dongle working on this setup (A Targus ACB10US, to be specific), but whenever I have it plugged in and using the Bluetooth settings menu, it can never detect any devices. I know this adapter works out of the box on my other Hackintosh, so I'm wondering if there is something that I am missing with my setup.

Have installed Osx Mojave 10.14.6 on my NUC 6i5Syk, pretty much everything is working Fine except one issue [the audio on headphones is working fine] there is no audio on my Monitor connected with Hdmi cable or from DP.

There's no Hdmi Output option in my system preference- Sound - Output

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 148
Hi all,

Prior to upgrading to Big Sur, dual monitor works. Granted i sometimes have to hot plug one or both HDMI and Mini Display Port. But it did work. After upgrading to Big Sur, I lost dual display functionality. Can someone assist on what I should tshoot? I have uploaded the ioreg if it helps.

Thanks!

Attachments

• NUCintosh.zip
    729.8 KB · Views: 119
Hi,
i installed El capitan on NUCi3SYH and I have this error:

May 18 15:21:21 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] *****************************************************************************
May 18 15:21:21 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] Failed to initialize graphics firmware.    Falling back to host-side scheduling
May 18 15:21:21 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] Scheduler interface revision = 1: Default EL Scheduler
May 18 15:21:21 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] *****************************************************************************
May 18 15:21:21 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] Graphics accelerator is using scheduler interface revision 1: Default EL Scheduler
May 18 15:21:21 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] Scheduler: Multiple channel indexes per command streamer
May 18 15:21:21 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] Scheduler: Process CSB using HWS.
May 18 15:21:21 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] Scheduler: PM notify enabled
May 18 15:21:22 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] Graphics Address: PPGTT, Separate Address Space
May 18 15:21:22 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] MultiForceWake Enabled: Using 3D Driver
May 18 15:21:22 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] CoarsePowerGating Disabled
May 18 15:21:22 iMac kernel[0]: [IGPU] Scheduler Throttle Cap = 100ms.
May 18 15:21:22 iMac mds[62]: (ImportServer.Normal:1808) UseBulkImporter 0 ForceBulkImporter 0
May 18 15:21:22 iMac MRT[48]: Running as daemon
May 18 15:21:23 iMac findmydeviced[236]: Checking for /private/var/db/.AppleSetupDone & waiting, if it does not exist

Thanks!

Attachments

• debug_149.zip
    6 MB · Views: 103
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back