Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are all of the repo updates for Mojave backwards compatible with 10.13.6? I like to do all of my updates, reboot, backup before updating. In case I do something wrong with the repo updates I want to isolate troubleshooting.

Thanks.

Hello,

I'm using Mojave but I have kernel panic everytime i boot into mojave.

My config is NUC6i7KYK and i don't understand how to get everything to work.

I'm Belgian and my english is poor.

Can you help me ? I' m so sorry.
Please.

Attachments

• mac de Samm.zip
    694.2 KB · Views: 128
Hello,

I'm using Mojave but I have kernel panic everytime i boot into mojave.

My config is NUC6i7KYK and i don't understand how to get everything to work.

I'm Belgian and my english is poor.

Can you help me ? I' m so sorry.
Please.
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

You just use the applealc branch.
From within ~/Projects/nuc.git:
Code:
git checkout applealc

Then do all post-install tasks.

You can switch back to master (using patched AppleHDA/CodecCommander/etc):
Code:
git checkout master

(and again, do all post install tasks)

did as explained.

Did not observe any difference. Anything I am suppose to see with applealc and master branch? One thing is the storage is shown as unknown but whereas the storage for High Sierra and Windows 10 shows as GPT partition. Is this normal? Please see the attached image.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 22.39.14.jpg
    Screenshot 2018-10-01 at 22.39.14.jpg
    289.7 KB · Views: 126
did as explained.

Did not observe any difference. Anything I am suppose to see with applealc and master branch?

Difference between master and applealc, is that master does not use AppleALC.kext for audio, yet applealc branch does.

If you have an issue, you must provide a description of the problem and attach PR files.

No problem description provided.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

One thing is the storage is shown as unknown but whereas the storage for High Sierra and Windows 10 shows as GPT partition. Is this normal? Please see the attached image.

Looks normal. It probably displays that way as the (APFS) volume is inside a container/synthesized disk instead of actual disk.

Hi All,

My setup has been working for nearly one year however it just stops on the apple logo screen.

what can I do to fix it?

What do I need to show here for assistance?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back