Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
>jang430

No expert, but one way is to copy efi/clover from USB to efi/clover on HDD

>jang430

No expert, but one way is to copy efi/clover from USB to efi/clover on HDD

I was wondering why reading Post #2, and re-reading it doesn't actually tell me to copy config.plist onto the hdd/ssd manually, neither did it mention anything about the kext to be manually copied. I did mention you have to place config.plist onto the usb, and the kexts also. I assume this will be installed during OSX installation, or, during running of clover, this time installation to ssd. But nothing I've tried worked.

I was wondering why reading Post #2, and re-reading it doesn't actually tell me to copy config.plist onto the hdd/ssd manually, neither did it mention anything about the kext to be manually copied. I did mention you have to place config.plist onto the usb, and the kexts also. I assume this will be installed during OSX installation, or, during running of clover, this time installation to ssd. But nothing I've tried worked.

Clover configuration (config.plist, drivers64UEFI, kexts) is clearly covered in the guide... Clover must be configured same on SSD/HDD as on USB.
Not sure why one would expect anything different.

Clover configuration (config.plist, drivers64UEFI, kexts) is clearly covered in the guide... Clover must be configured same on SSD/HDD as on USB.
Not sure why one would expect anything different.

There is clearly something I'm missing. I'm gonna reinstall everything all over again, following the steps. Hopefully, this time, I have some success.

There is clearly something I'm missing. I'm gonna reinstall everything all over again, following the steps. Hopefully, this time, I have some success.

Basic process, summarized:
- create USB (at this point, you are familiar with how to configure Clover correctly for USB)
- install macOS using USB
- install Clover to SSD, configure Clover exactly as you did for USB
- at this point, you should be able to boot your system from the SSD Clover(but with a lot of things not working, just as if you boot from USB Clover)
- post-install procedures
- reboot with post-install Clover configuration, with things working...

Last edited:
Jang, stick with it, you'll get there in the end. My first hack took forever, but eventually it all clicks (well enough clicks).

Edit: Updated the NUC6i5SYK without issue. No problems launching iTunes.
I've also had issues with iTunes crashing randomly, not necessarily just at launch. I'll try to save crash log when it happens again.

But I've seen other mentions on the forums about this being an issue with High Sierra. Some users have been able to fix the crashes by using Shiki.kext, but I haven't tried that yet.

Basic process, summarized:
- create USB (at this point, you are familiar with how to configure Clover correctly for USB)
- install macOS using USB
- install Clover to SSD, configure Clover exactly as you did for USB
- at this point, you should be able to boot your system from the SSD Clover(but with a lot of things not working, just as if you boot from USB Clover)
- post-install procedures
- reboot with post-install Clover configuration, with things working...

I finally got it working, after watching a youtube video. Just want to clarify, by "install Clover to SSD," don't you have to copy the kexts, config.plist to your SSD's EFI/Clover/...? I eventually had to do that manually, to be able to boot in.

Now, I've got a working Mac, don't have audio. I read your instructions, and it says the following:

Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

- reboot normally (if needed, two times)

I restarted, on the Clover boot screen, pressed spacebar, but I don't see any option without caches. In the second instruction "rebuild cache," am I supposed to see that option available as well? Finally, do I need to execute "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /?"

I finally got it working, after watching a youtube video. Just want to clarify, by "install Clover to SSD," don't you have to copy the kexts, config.plist to your SSD's EFI/Clover/...? I eventually had to do that manually, to be able to boot in.

Of course... just like you did for the USB.

Now, I've got a working Mac, don't have audio.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something

I restarted, on the Clover boot screen, pressed spacebar, but I don't see any option without caches.

You didn't install the correct version of Clover.
As per guide, you should have installed the latest RehabMan build.

Now, I've got a working Mac, don't have audio. I read your instructions, and it says the following:

Audio: After installing new/updated kexts or after the initial installation, you may lose audio.

To fix:
- reboot without caches (hit space at Clover, select without caches)
- rebuild cache
Code (Text):

sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

- reboot normally (if needed, two times)

I restarted, on the Clover boot screen, pressed spacebar, but I don't see any option without caches. In the second instruction "rebuild cache," am I supposed to see that option available as well? Finally, do I need to execute "sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /?"

For audio, this fixed my problem. The instructions are kind of out of place so easy to miss:
(from post #159)

GRRR.....reread everything. Found this instruction in the upgrades section above the High Sierra. Ran it and now audio works!

Audio will be broken after installation (*.zml.zlib have been removed), so you will need to fix that with install_downloads.sh.
After updating, run ./install_downloads.sh again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back