Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks. I will leave it off. Is there appropriate native maintenance that serves the same purpose for TRIM?

Thanks. I will leave it off. Is there appropriate native maintenance that serves the same purpose for TRIM?

In theory, modern SSDs have firmware that can deal with lack of TRIM commands from the OS.

Hello,

I have the NUC Skull Canyon (NUC6I7KYK) on High Sierra and I have two problems at boot. These problems don't occur systematically, so it's difficult to find the source...

- My external hard drive (SSD1) backup is displayed twice on three at Clover boot
- Sometimes, there is a crash at boot (on my main internal drive, Macintosh, NVMe Samsung) :

nephh_error.jpg

These are graphic concerns ("Failed to initialize graphics firmware") or related to Bluetooth / BrcmPatchRAM2 ? I'm plugged in HDMI to a screen.

I put the requested files in a zip archive.

Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• problems_nephh.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 100
Last edited:
I want to move my Hackintosh HIgh Sierra system from a NUC6i5 with SSD drive to a NUC7i5 which has an NVME drive.
Are there any watch outs?
Can I just save off a clone of the older computer and reload onto new one?

Appreciate any advice

I want to move my Hackintosh HIgh Sierra system from a NUC6i5 with SSD drive to a NUC7i5 which has an NVME drive.
Are there any watch outs?
Can I just save off a clone of the older computer and reload onto new one?

Appreciate any advice

Personally, I would recommend avoiding NVMe.

why? i'still pretty happy with my current config ...:
Soory for the German cut & paste ...
Physisches Laufwerk:
Gerätename: Samsung SSD 960 PRO 1TB
Medienname: Samsung SSD 960 PRO 1TB Media
Art des Mediums: SSD
Protokoll: PCI-Express
Intern: Ja
Partitionstabellentyp: GPT (GUID-Partitionstabelle)
I did not upgrade to APFS, because of the issues regarding encryption of huge drives & backup ....
currently my only pressing issue is that I can't use 32GB ram with two 4K Monitors
My current "production" setup:

NUC6i7KYK
32GB (2*16GB
Crucial Technology
CT16G4SFD8213.C16FAD
)
2 * SSD/NVME:
1 * Samsung SSD 960 PRO 1TB (macOS)
1 * Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB (win 10)
1 * Bluethooth (dongle see documentation) (magic Keyboard & Mouse)
1-2 * U28E590 (2 with 16GB (primary HDMI, secondary (hot plug after boot) DP), 1 with 32 GB with HDMI)

(o issues since 3 Months)

Kind Regards
BBA

Problems with NVMe+APFS are widely recognized.

1 * Samsung SSD 960 PRO 1TB (macOS)
1 * Samsung SSD 960 EVO 500GB (win 10)

Samsung drives seem to be among those NVMe drives that have less issues.
Not sure if they are 100% with APFS though.

Thanks for the explanation.
So I will stay with HFS for the moment ....

Hi, RehabMan
Recent, I install wifi and BT by adapter. I connect usb to internal USB. But, in Mac OS, how can I enable internal USB port?

Hi, RehabMan
Recent, I install wifi and BT by adapter. I connect usb to internal USB. But, in Mac OS, how can I enable internal USB port?

The SSDT-USB.dsl disables the internal ports as I decided not to use them.
You can re-enable them by adding the ports back to SSDT-USB.dsl.
See guide for background on the code you find in SSDT-USB.dsl:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

Note: The internal headers are likely HS05/HS06, just as on the NUC7 (look at SSDT-USB-NUC7.dsl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back