Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, first off all thanks for the great guide!

I have an Intel NUC 6i5SYK with BIOS 0063 and already created a Unibeast stick for OSX 10.13. I set the bios as described, but can't get the system to boot from the unibeast stick! With installed aptiofix2drv option ( unibeast stick) boot is stuck on the apple logo, "-v" shows the following status:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \..AIBootFiles\boot.efi
Using relock block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
and is stuck there.

I even modified the Unibeast stick removing AptioFix2Drv, then the boot is stuck just showing a line of "+"
I also tried using lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext but still no change.

I didn't downgrade the BIOS yet, (didn't find a post with a BIOS newer than 0045, still hope that the error is not related to the BIOS Version!) I hope someone can help me out here!

Hello everyone, first off all thanks for the great guide!

I have an Intel NUC 6i5SYK with BIOS 0063 and already created a Unibeast stick for OSX 10.13. I set the bios as described, but can't get the system to boot from the unibeast stick! With installed aptiofix2drv option ( unibeast stick) boot is stuck on the apple logo, "-v" shows the following status:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \..AIBootFiles\boot.efi
Using relock block: no, hibernate wake: no
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
and is stuck there.

I even modified the Unibeast stick removing AptioFix2Drv, then the boot is stuck just showing a line of "+"
I also tried using lilu.kext+IntelGraphicsFixup.kext but still no change.

I didn't downgrade the BIOS yet, (didn't find a post with a BIOS newer than 0045, still hope that the error is not related to the BIOS Version!) I hope someone can help me out here!

This guide does not use Unibeast.
Try following the guide as written.

Thanks @RehabMan for your guide and tips!
I've used your guide and now I'm running a Nuc6i5syh with 2 x ssd (sata+nvme) and a 27'' 4k monitor @ 60Hz on 10.13.2.
Fantastic setup. Audio is working, too.
A minor glitch: my screen is going dark for a few seconds from time to time (less than 3 times in 1h at present).
Do you have an idea on the possible cause ?

BTW - Apple just released 10.13.2 supplemental update righ today.
Hi, I am running a very similar configuration, but I am experiencing the problem only if I use 32GB Ram with 16 GB I don't see the problem. How many Ram are using?

Hi, I am running a very similar configuration, but I am experiencing the problem only if I use 32GB Ram with 16 GB I don't see the problem. How many Ram are using?

I've had this problem from the get go - starting with Sierra install. My cables are the same (or very similar) to what Rehabman recommended - so individual manufacturing differences the cables I use are quality. Some additional observations:
  • I tried HDMI and did not have this problem. Appears to only by on Displayport
  • For a while I ran with both DP and HDMI plugged in (dual monitor configuration even though there is only one monitor). I ran with DP as my primary and the problem did not reoccur
  • I have had 2 different makes and models for monitors with this problem - both 4k
I may go back to the dual monitor config if that ends up being the simplest fix.

I've had this problem from the get go

Me too. Tried various DP cables/adapter+cable, various lengths and careful routing. Personally I don't really like the mini DP connector, the cable connection doesn't feel secure. I also tried reducing the refresh rate with EDID data, seemed to help for a while but the problem returned. Changed to HDMI and no issues.

Well, I'm running with 16GB of ram.
My DP cable, BTW, seems to be working fine (or better) than before.
Anyway DP is needed for 60hz @ 4k: with HDMI connector I can get only 30 hz @ 4k.

Overview

Problem reporting

Problem reports should be accompanied by various files that allow your progress to be accounted for...

In terminal,
Code:
rm -Rf ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda
ls -l /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/Resources/*.zml.zlib
md5 /System/Library/Extensions/AppleHDA.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleHDA

Also, press F4 at the main Clover screen, then compress and post the EFI/CLOVER folder in use. And please, in order to reduce the size, omit EFI/Clover/themes... especially if you have an overabundance of themes installed.

Also post output of:
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Those are just logs from apfs.efi as it starts.

I need help. Have followed Rehabman method on High Sierra on NUC6i5. Everything works except Bluetooth, even after installing a Broadcom dongle. Requested files are attached ( as best I can, could not find dump of EFI/Clover so included pictures)

Attachments

• Rehabman.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 77
I need help. Have followed Rehabman method on High Sierra on NUC6i5. Everything works except Bluetooth, even after installing a Broadcom dongle. Requested files are attached ( as best I can, could not find dump of EFI/Clover so included pictures)

You forgot to disable Intel bluetooth in BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back