Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the green screen all the time, when restarting and shutting down. Also those apfs.efi message appearing when booting my NUC.

Since it's not a cause for concern then i will ignore it.

The apfs.efi from Apple has some logs. You see them at boot on a hack.
The green screen seems to not cause any problems... just a different color than black.

Can I safely remove the Lilu and IntelGraphicsFixup and any other kexts from my /L/E directory? I'm not really sure what they're for

IntelGraphicsFixup.kext (requires Lilu.kext) does some patches that fix problems while playing certain videos in Safari.
I haven't checked to see if the problems went away (without the kexts) in 10.13.

Just a quick question.

Does sleep works? The reason I am asking is that I am running Windows 10 Pro insider preview/macOS Sierra/macOS HS in a single m.2 Samsung 850 250GB Evo SSD.

When I am in the Windows OS and put my NUC to sleep, I observed the screen is garbled so I will do a shutdown by pressing the start button. Wonder if it could be an hardware or software issue.

Sleep works best with the DP port (not HDMI).

Hi!
I´m trying to make a clean install of 10.13 using an USB stick. The sticks boots using my MBP Pro, but when I try to boot it on my NUC NUC6i3 it hangs during boot, see the screenshot. 10.12. using clover is running nicely on my NUC. I added FakeSMC and apfs.efi to the clover EFI folder, but it won't start 10.13. Whats wrong here?

Thanks for your help!

IMG_1722.jpg

Hi!
I´m trying to make a clean install of 10.13 using an USB stick. The sticks boots using my MBP Pro, but when I try to boot it on my NUC NUC6i3 it hangs during boot, see the screenshot. 10.12. using clover is running nicely on my NUC. I added FakeSMC and apfs.efi to the clover EFI folder, but it won't start 10.13. Whats wrong here?

Thanks for your help!

View attachment 281039

Assuming you did not already do this, add Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Otherwise...
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting"
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Yep, I added these.
I´ll try to use a clean install from my MacBook and copy it to a SSD. Maybe that works...

Attach "Problem Reporting" files.

I think I found the problem. If I connect the display via HDMI it does not work, but using MiniDisplayPort it works. :confused:

________
I just edited the SMBIOS machine ID from 17.x to 14.2 - and now it works.

Last edited:
I think I found the problem. If I connect the display via HDMI it does not work, but using MiniDisplayPort it works. :confused:

Probably you're using the wrong ig-platform-id (eg. wrong config.plist).

I just edited the SMBIOS machine ID from 17.x to 14.2 - and now it works.

The plist provided by the guide does NOT use iMac17,x.

I'm getting very slow read/write speeds from my NVMe drive now for some reason - compared with what was the case when I just had Sierra. Trimforce is disabled. I did a fresh install - followed the guide here. So my clover patched directory only contains 2 aml files and the standard files from your script are in /L/E...any pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back