Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
To confirm does your version of Clover now include ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi - thus removing the need to manually copy over apfs.efi?

Yes.

As discussed before, with the desire to do this in steps, do you recommend upgrading Clover first or the repository files with a reboot in between? Or does it not matter?

I would probably do it in steps like that..., with a plan to revert or being able to analyze mistakes if things awry.

Note: New repo files (config.plist) require new Clover.

Yes.

I would probably do it in steps like that..., with a plan to revert or being able to analyze mistakes if things awry.

Note: New repo files (config.plist) require new Clover.

That is what I needed to know. Update Clover first then.

Hi RehabMan,

I followed your great guide to install High Sierra and everything works just as you described, except there are some strange graphic glitches when opening images with the "Preview" app. This problem does not occure in other apps like "Photos".

I attached the bug report. Maybe you can have a look at it :)

Preview_Glitch.png

Attachments

• debug_24478.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 125
Hi RehabMan,

I followed your great guide to install High Sierra and everything works just as you described, except there are some strange graphic glitches when opening images with the "Preview" app. This problem does not occure in other apps like "Photos".

I attached the bug report. Maybe you can have a look at it :)

View attachment 362400

Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist"

Thanks for your hard work on making this so easy RehabMan. Using an old Belkin USB wi-fi dongle (and finding the OSX driver for it!), I'm finally on-line with High Sierra on my NUC6i3. Sound is working, though not through HDMI which is fine as my portable speaker has much better sound than my HDMI 24" monitor. The only problem I'm experiencing is with the HD520. I've set the DVMT-prealloc to 64GB in BIOS, but it's still showing as only using 7MB. I've attached screen shot and EFI zip. Any idea how to get it working? Shoud I up it to 128GB in the bios?. Thanks :)

EDIT: Just tried 128GB in BIOS and didn't work. Still shows as 7MB as before

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 3.30.16 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 3.30.16 pm.png
    249.7 KB · Views: 125
  • EFI.zip
    2.7 MB · Views: 181
Last edited:
Thanks for your hard work on making this so easy RehabMan. Using an old Belkin USB wi-fi dongle (and finding the OSX driver for it!), I'm finally on-line with High Sierra on my NUC6i3. Sound is working, though not through HDMI which is fine as my portable speaker has much better sound than my HDMI 24" monitor. The only problem I'm experiencing is with the HD520. I've set the DVMT-prealloc to 64GB in BIOS, but it's still showing as only using 7MB. I've attached screen shot and EFI zip. Any idea how to get it working? Shoud I up it to 128GB in the bios?. Thanks :)

EDIT: Just tried 128GB in BIOS and didn't work. Still shows as 7MB as before
"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

There's a lot of information about how to generate all the different files requires which I started with and then a link under all that to the install_tools from black dragon at the bottom. If all we need is the install tools, wouldn't it make more sense to direct users to that link from black dragon instead? Anyway, I've attached reporting files now. Thanks for your assistance.

Attachments

• debug_24492.zip
    10.9 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Anyway, I've attached reporting files now. Thanks for your assistance.

It appears maybe you deleted the native graphics kexts.
Run the macOS installer to restore them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back