Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Its working again im just gonna leave it on high sierra
If you want to go to Mojave, you must follow the instructions in post #1 exactly as written.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
FYI: Guide moved to Mojave Desktop Guides

Going to post here instead of Mojave forum because these are upgrade questions:

Rehabman -

To confirm does your version of Clover now include ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi - thus removing the need to manually copy over apfs.efi?

As discussed before, with the desire to do this in steps, do you recommend upgrading Clover first or the repository files with a reboot in between? Or does it not matter?

Thanks.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
To confirm does your version of Clover now include ApfsDriverLoader-64.efi - thus removing the need to manually copy over apfs.efi?
Yes.

As discussed before, with the desire to do this in steps, do you recommend upgrading Clover first or the repository files with a reboot in between? Or does it not matter?
I would probably do it in steps like that..., with a plan to revert or being able to analyze mistakes if things awry.

Note: New repo files (config.plist) require new Clover.

Yes.

I would probably do it in steps like that..., with a plan to revert or being able to analyze mistakes if things awry.

Note: New repo files (config.plist) require new Clover.
That is what I needed to know. Update Clover first then.

Motherboard
Intel NUC (6i5SYK)
CPU
Intel Core i5-6260U
Graphics
Intel Iris Graphics 540
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi RehabMan,

I followed your great guide to install High Sierra and everything works just as you described, except there are some strange graphic glitches when opening images with the "Preview" app. This problem does not occure in other apps like "Photos".

I attached the bug report. Maybe you can have a look at it :)

Preview_Glitch.png

Attachments

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
Core i7-2600K
Graphics
Intel HD 3000
Mac
MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi RehabMan,

I followed your great guide to install High Sierra and everything works just as you described, except there are some strange graphic glitches when opening images with the "Preview" app. This problem does not occure in other apps like "Photos".

I attached the bug report. Maybe you can have a look at it :)

View attachment 362400
Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist"

Motherboard
Intel NUC (6i5SYK)
CPU
Intel Core i5-6260U
Graphics
Intel Iris Graphics 540
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Motherboard
Intel NUC 6iSYH - Clover
CPU
i3-6100u
Graphics
HD 520
Classic Mac
Color Classic, Lisa
Mobile Phone
Android
Thanks for your hard work on making this so easy RehabMan. Using an old Belkin USB wi-fi dongle (and finding the OSX driver for it!), I'm finally on-line with High Sierra on my NUC6i3. Sound is working, though not through HDMI which is fine as my portable speaker has much better sound than my HDMI 24" monitor. The only problem I'm experiencing is with the HD520. I've set the DVMT-prealloc to 64GB in BIOS, but it's still showing as only using 7MB. I've attached screen shot and EFI zip. Any idea how to get it working? Shoud I up it to 128GB in the bios?. Thanks :)

EDIT: Just tried 128GB in BIOS and didn't work. Still shows as 7MB as before

Attachments

Last edited: