Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.
I researched this topic but haven't find information about native support intel HD 540 in high sierra (10.13.5).
Maybe someone tried starting without IntelGraphicsFixup.kext, because as I understood apple has macbook with the same GPU.
Also when the system is loading I see an artifact (in the middle of progress bar).
Many Thanks.

HD540 is native, but there are hack specific issues that are solved by IntelGraphicsFixup.kex+Lilu.kext.
The guide scripts automatically install the needed kexts.

Thank you RehabMan. Unfortunately I still have artifact after reinstall OSX. This artifact appeared only after I executed the script (from the header).
Also when I try execute this
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
I had this result:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c8cba20 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c8c0100 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c81fe80 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c8afa20 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c83ae50 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c82c250 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c82d8b0 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb39d06df0 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "CodecCommander.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c81baa0 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c3d7da0 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ — file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
KernelCache ID: 020C8763F9F784851C78BE6F9C9FB8DE

Also I would like to know is it possible to use hibernation mode? I set hibernation mode to 25, but when I wake up nuc after sleep - I see the standard loading window (the state is saved, but saved like I click shoutdown with checked "Restore" option, applications open again).

Thanks for the help.

Thank you RehabMan. Unfortunately I still have artifact after reinstall OSX. This artifact appeared only after I executed the script (from the header).
Also when I try execute this
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
I had this result:
Code:
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c8cba20 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "FakeSMC.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.netkas.driver.FakeSMC" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c8c0100 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.lvs1974.IntelGraphicsFixup" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c81fe80 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "Lilu.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "as.vit9696.Lilu" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c8afa20 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.driver.FakePCIID" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c83ae50 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "USBInjectAll.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.rehabman.driver.USBInjectAll" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c82c250 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HDMI-Audio" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c82d8b0 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "IntelMausiEthernet.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.insanelymac.IntelMausiEthernet" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb39d06df0 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "CodecCommander.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.tw.CodecCommander" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67062) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c81baa0 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext/ — file:///Library/Extensions/", ID = "org.rehabman.injector.FakePCIID-Intel-HD-Graphics" }
Kext with invalid signatured (-67054) allowed: <OSKext 0x7fcb3c3d7da0 [0x7fff82f1faf0]> { URL = "AppleHDA.kext/ — file:///System/Library/Extensions/", ID = "com.apple.driver.AppleHDA" }
KernelCache ID: 020C8763F9F784851C78BE6F9C9FB8DE

Also I would like to know is it possible to use hibernation mode? I set hibernation mode to 25, but when I wake up nuc after sleep - I see the standard loading window (the state is saved, but saved like I click shoutdown with checked "Restore" option, applications open again).

Thanks for the help.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

As per guide, hibernation is to be disabled.

Hi RehabMan,

So far I have been using the system ok, but when i install Clover v4586 my system hangs at the following message shown in the attached image. No idea what to do now. I tried recovery from TM but still no use. Attached is the Problem Reporting files.

Thanks

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    33 MB · Views: 137
  • IMG_3604.jpg
    IMG_3604.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 122
Hi RehabMan,

So far I have been using the system ok, but when i install Clover v4586 my system hangs at the following message shown in the attached image. No idea what to do now. I tried recovery from TM but still no use. Attached is the Problem Reporting files.

Thanks

The guide recommends the RehabMan build of Clover.
I'm running r4851 (RehabMan build, you can build from source) now, but pre-built r4444 works fine too.
I do not test Clover sourceforge builds.

Note also that if you use OsxAptioFix*.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is required. You forgot to include it in drivers64UEFI.
I'm using AptioMemoryFix.efi as it does not require EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (NVRAM works natively with AptioMemoryFix).

No idea why you include GenericUSBXHCI.kext in your Clover/kexts/Other... it has no application for this hardware.

Also, your config.plist is not up-to-date. I didn't check your ACPI/patched content. You should go through the instructions in post #1.

Last edited:
I'm running r4851 (RehabMan build, you can build from source) now, but pre-built r4444 works fine too.
I do not test Clover sourceforge builds.

Note also that if you use OsxAptioFix*.efi, EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is required. You forgot to include it in drivers64UEFI.
I'm using AptioMemoryFix.efi as it does not require EmuVariableUefi-64.efi (NVRAM works natively with AptioMemoryFix).

No idea why you include GenericUSBXHCI.kext in your Clover/kexts/Other... it has no application for this hardware.

Also, your config.plist is not up-to-date. I didn't check your ACPI/patched content. You should go through the instructions in post #1.

Ok noted. I have removed OsxAptioFix*.efi and reinstalled your version of clover and selected AptioMemoryFix.efi. Also updated to the latest config.plist from your repos.

Is there any tutorial on how to build latest versions of Clover from source?

one last thing, i think now nvme drives is natively supported right? I should be able to use 970 Evo nvme SSD?

Thanks.

Out of curiosity, what are the major differences between the two? I recently used the Clover Updater to automatically update and things are still working for me. But if there's a chance that things will stop working as expected, then I'll just wait for RehabMan builds (I don't want to build from source).

Is there any tutorial on how to build latest versions of Clover from source?

Read the README on github.

one last thing, i think now nvme drives is natively supported right? I should be able to use 970 Evo nvme SSD?

I see many reports of Samsung 970 EVO working.
I don't have one.

Read the README on github.

I see many reports of Samsung 970 EVO working.
I don't have one.
Read thru the README at github.

Ran your script but end up got the error as shown in the screen capture.

Any idea what to do.

Thanks.

Attachments

• capture.jpeg
    capture.jpeg
    299.2 KB · Views: 135
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back