Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reinstalled from scratch, still the same problem. Please help, see attached.

Attach audio codec dump from Linux (need to check that it is still ALC283).

Note your audio controller device-id is 0x9d74. My NUC6 is 0x9d70. Might need to use FakePCIID to spoof 0x9d74 as 0xa170 (as is done with 0x9d70).

So also... try attached FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.
Install to /L/E (overwriting already existing one).

Edit: Since the changes have now been integrated to github/bitbucket FakePCIID, the attached FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext is now removed from this post.

Last edited:
Attach audio codec dump from Linux (need to check that it is still ALC283).

Note your audio controller device-id is 0x9d74. My NUC6 is 0x9d70. Might need to use FakePCIID to spoof 0x9d74 as 0xa170 (as is done with 0x9d70).

So also... try attached FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext.
Install to /L/E (overwriting already existing one).

Hi, how do you generate audio codec dump?

How do you use the provided file? Put it into the kext folder? If that is the case, after doing that, do I still need to run anything?

You will find out if you use Google (it is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide)... or you can check in Windows Device Manager to get the codec-id (properties, details).

How do you use the provided file? Put it into the kext folder? If that is the case, after doing that, do I still need to run anything?

Download it. Extract kext from ZIP. If your web browser puts downloads in the default place, it will be in ~/Downloads.

Then install:
Code:
sudo cp -R ~/Downloads/FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext /Library/Extensions

Then rebuild cache:
Code:
sudo kextcache -i /

Reboot.
Reply with problem reporting files.

Hi, didn't find out how to do this:

You will find out if you use Google (it is the first step in any AppleHDA patching guide)... or you can check in Windows Device Manager to get the codec-id (properties, details).

Instead, followed your next instruction. Happy to report, HDMI Audio working already, albeit, grayed out, I cannot control volume, have to control via the monitor it's connected to. Front audio working fine though. Any ideas why?

Attachments

• debug_24162.zip
    2 MB · Views: 105
Instead, followed your next instruction. Happy to report, HDMI Audio working already, albeit, grayed out, I cannot control volume, have to control via the monitor it's connected to. Front audio working fine though. Any ideas why?

As per Apple design, no volume controls expected for HDMI audio output device.
Only expected with analog out.

I will update the FakePCIID official build/github.

Last edited:
As per Apple design, no volume controls expected for HDMI audio output device.
Only expected with analog out.

I will update the FakePCIID official build/github.

Thanks for the patience RehabMan! BY THE WAY, keep seeing MacOS update available notifications. What's the best practice? update? Then need to run anything?

Thanks for the patience RehabMan! BY THE WAY, keep seeing MacOS update available notifications. What's the best practice? update? Then need to run anything?

System updates are covered in post #1.

Thanks for the guide. Everything worked perfectly on my Skull Canyon except for one thing, after I ran your post-install scripts and rebooted from SSD, I lost the sensors (something went wrong with the optional FakeSMC kexts I'm assuming). I ended up re-installing and now I'm booting from USB and putting off the post-install steps until I figure out how to install Clover to the SSD and keep sensors. EFI/Clover attached.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 113
Thanks for the guide. Everything worked perfectly on my Skull Canyon except for one thing, after I ran your post-install scripts and rebooted from SSD, I lost the sensors (something went wrong with the optional FakeSMC kexts I'm assuming). I ended up re-installing and now I'm booting from USB and putting off the post-install steps until I figure out how to install Clover to the SSD and keep sensors. EFI/Clover attached.

By design.
The sensor kexts are not installed by default. They are inefficient and unnecessary.

If you want them, you need to install them manually. You will find them in ~/Projects/nuc.git/downloads/kexts.

First time builder here, so I have properly missed something important.

I'm following your guide for my Skull Canyon. Have created an USB and I'm now ready to install High Sierra. However I'm not allowed to partition my drive to GPT. I have formated the drive to Extended (Journaled) but the partition button is not enabled on this drive.

I have set bios to defaults and adjusted as your guide suggest.
My drive is a Crusial MX300 M.2 if that matters.

Thanks

foto.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back