Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For audio, this fixed my problem. The instructions are kind of out of place so easy to miss:
(from post #159)

GRRR.....reread everything. Found this instruction in the upgrades section above the High Sierra. Ran it and now audio works!

Audio will be broken after installation (*.zml.zlib have been removed), so you will need to fix that with install_downloads.sh.
After updating, run ./install_downloads.sh again

@Lanman71, yeah, instructions all around is an understatement :D

Unfortunately, I still don't have audio working for my NUC6i5SYH. Is there a specific kext for audio that needs to be installed? I re-installed and used the RehabMan config.plist. This time around, didn't use whatever other alternatives, used RehabMan's already, and yeah, finally got the option of without cache. Saw somewhere here that If you used RehabMan's version, that will appear. Although, in the instructions, it wasn't specifically clear you need to use that. It's an option.

Booted without cache, rebuilt cache, reboot, audio still not working. Also tried to run ./install_downloads.sh, and still not working. Please suggest next steps.

@Lanman71, yeah, instructions all around is an understatement :D

Unfortunately, I still don't have audio working for my NUC6i5SYH. Is there a specific kext for audio that needs to be installed? I re-installed and used the RehabMan config.plist. This time around, didn't use whatever other alternatives, used RehabMan's already, and yeah, finally got the option of without cache. Saw somewhere here that If you used RehabMan's version, that will appear. Although, in the instructions, it wasn't specifically clear you need to use that. It's an option.

Booted without cache, rebuilt cache, reboot, audio still not working. Also tried to run ./install_downloads.sh, and still not working. Please suggest next steps.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Booted without cache, rebuilt cache, reboot, audio still not working. Also tried to run ./install_downloads.sh, and still not working.Please suggest next steps.

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    46.4 KB · Views: 78
  • CLOVER.zip
    7.1 MB · Views: 71
  • Archive 2.zip
    442.4 KB · Views: 88

Booted without cache, rebuilt cache, reboot, audio still not working. Also tried to run ./install_downloads.sh, and still not working.Please suggest next steps.

Your profile indicates NUC5... (if your profile is inaccurate, please fix it...)
You're posting in the NUC6 thread.
???

SSDT-NUC6.aml not appropriate for NUC5.
If you have a NUC5 (as your profile indicates), read post NUC5 guide regarding 'make install nuc5'.

If still not fixed...
AppleHDA not loading. May be corrupt or missing. Run the macOS installer to restore it (do not erase the target partition).
After that, run install_download.sh, then boot without caches, rebuild cache (AppleHDA.kext should show in your kextcache output), reboot.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have since changed to NUC6i5SYH.

Did the following:

1. Reinstalled MacOS on the same hard disk, without deleting the target partition (overwrite).
2. cd ~/Projects/nuc.git/
3. ./install_downloads.sh
4. Reboot, selected "without caches"
5. sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /
6. rebooted 3X
7. See attached output of terminal

Thanks

Attachments

• Terminal Saved Output 2.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 72
Sorry, I have since changed to NUC6i5SYH.

Did the following:

1. Reinstalled MacOS on the same hard disk, without deleting the target partition (overwrite).
6. rebooted 3X

Thanks

"Problem Reporting" files are incomplete.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hi! Kindly check again.

Did the following:

6. rebooted 3X

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    7.4 MB · Views: 83
Hi! Kindly check again.

Did the following:

6. rebooted 3X

Thanks

Kernel cache rebuild: sudo kextcache -i /

You did not use gen_debug.sh as requested. Please read #286 again. Carefully.

Note that if AppleHDA.kext does not show in the kextcache output after boot without caches, you cannot expect it to work. You must rebuild cache (sudo kextcache -i /) very soon after booting without cache. Waiting will cause macOS to unload AppleHDA and it will then be missed when kernel cache is built.

You may need to do a fresh install, as you may have done something to your system that I can't detect from here.

Also...
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

macOS downloaded from my MacBook Air, so it's a good copy. USB installer created using the same MacBook Air. I finally saw AppleHDA.kext after doing sudo kextcache -i /, though after 3 reboots, still no audio. Will try to reinstall from scratch for the 3rd time.

Reinstalled from scratch, still the same problem. Please help, see attached.

Attachments

• debug_16110.zip
    1.7 MB · Views: 73
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back