Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Conneted two monitors through dp and hdmi which works normal in windows. But in mac os, the dp one was recognised as main display and the hdmi one as extension display. Both setup looks normal, mirror available and the differneciation rate could be changed but the hdmi one always dark without any signal input.

Conneted two monitors through dp and hdmi which works normal in windows. But in mac os, the dp one was recognised as main display and the hdmi one as extension display. Both setup looks normal, mirror available and the differneciation rate could be changed but the hdmi one always dark without any signal input.

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile/signature does not indicate you own a NUC6. Either your post is off-topic, or you need to fix your profile/signature.

Thanks @RehabMan for your guide and tips!
I've used your guide and now I'm running a Nuc6i5syh with 2 x ssd (sata+nvme) and a 27'' 4k monitor @ 60Hz on 10.13.2.
Fantastic setup. Audio is working, too.
A minor glitch: my screen is going dark for a few seconds from time to time (less than 3 times in 1h at present).
Do you have an idea on the possible cause ?

BTW - Apple just released 10.13.2 supplemental update righ today.

A minor glitch: my screen is going dark for a few seconds from time to time (less than 3 times in 1h at present).
Do you have an idea on the possible cause ?

It is probably a cable problem (purchase high quality, short as possible video cable), or a problem with the RAM you chose to install (use only RAM recommended/tested by Intel).

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Also, your profile/signature does not indicate you own a NUC6. Either your post is off-topic, or you need to fix your profile/signature.
I use ASROCK Beebox S which has very similar configuration as NUC6. I know it's off-topic, but here is the best place to discuss it.

If I power on it with dp monitor and then hot-pluged hdmi, dual monitors work. But when it restart, hdmi monitor become black again. When I hot-plug again, mac os can recognize the model of hdmi monitor but still dark.

I use imac 14,2 config.plist.

Regards

I use ASROCK Beebox S which has very similar configuration as NUC6. I know it's off-topic, but here is the best place to discuss it.

If I power on it with dp monitor and then hot-pluged hdmi, dual monitors work. But when it restart, hdmi monitor become black again. When I hot-plug again, mac os can recognize the model of hdmi monitor but still dark.

I use imac 14,2 config.plist.

Regards

The need to hotplug a second monitor is quite typical... no idea if it is necessary to do with the NUC as I use mine with only a single monitor (with a 30" monitor, I don't need additional space).

And no idea if the patches I have for the framebuffer are applicable to your port layout. You should check that the connector-type values are correct for each framebuffer connector. If you want me to check, attach problem reporting files, and let me know which monitor (DP vs. HDMI) is connected to which framebuffer connector (eg. @1 vs. @2, etc).

The need to hotplug a second monitor is quite typical... no idea if it is necessary to do with the NUC as I use mine with only a single monitor (with a 30" monitor, I don't need additional space).

And no idea if the patches I have for the framebuffer are applicable to your port layout. You should check that the connector-type values are correct for each framebuffer connector. If you want me to check, attach problem reporting files, and let me know which monitor (DP vs. HDMI) is connected to which framebuffer connector (eg. @1 vs. @2, etc).

beebox front.png beebox rear.png

Thank you so much for your help.

An apple Cinema Display was connected through DisplayPort with a miniDP to DP connector as the main. Another Samsung display was connected to the HDMI (60Hz) as the second monitor.

Attachments

• pongchang's beebox s.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 78
Unfortunately, like all Skylake NUCs, this unit has soldered WiFi, so no possibility to install a compatible WiFi module. USB WiFi is just too unreliable and the user interface is not good.

Just wondering if this is still the latest status. So, if I need WiFi I should still go with a Broadwell nuc5i5/i3myhe model? Can anyone confirm, please.

Just wondering if this is still the latest status. So, if I need WiFi I should still go with a Broadwell nuc5i5/i3myhe model? Can anyone confirm, please.

Yes.

** never mind solved **

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back