Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi mate.

I've followed your guide but couldn't get Audio working. I tried the procedure you outlined in the known issues section, but to no avail, then tried using AppleALC and the usual method of trying different layout ID's etc. but this also returned no results.

I have gone through the whole problem reporting section, and hope I've included all the files requested.

Thanks RM.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 140
  • DownloadsRehabMan.zip
    51.6 KB · Views: 132
  • IOReg.zip
    496 KB · Views: 141
  • RehabManRequestedTerminalOutput.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 132
  • SLEKextCache.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 131
P.S. You a God bro!

When people affectionately refer to "the Hackintosh gods, they talking bout you boss!

Love your work.

Hi mate.

I've followed your guide but couldn't get Audio working. I tried the procedure you outlined in the known issues section, but to no avail, then tried using AppleALC and the usual method of trying different layout ID's etc. but this also returned no results.

I have gone through the whole problem reporting section, and hope I've included all the files requested.

Thanks RM.

Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Your config.plist is wrong.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".
Thanks! The first time I tried that, I had forgotten to change the terminal directory to your NUC repo.
Cheers.

Sharing in case anyone else experiences it. Just installed the latest security patch. The install was stuck on "about a minute left" for over 30+ minutes. Was getting concerned but it finally finished fine. Not sure if this is normal or not but glad I did not panic too early.

Heads up on the macOS Sierra 10.2.6 Security Update 2017-001 vs. NVMe boot:

After installing the update, my Skull Canyon NUC6i7KYK failed to boot from NVMe. (I am using HackrNVMeFamily.kext.)

The boot would kernel panic in com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.

To resolve, I booted single-user (boot option -s via Clover) and renamed /System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext to
IONVMeFamily.kext.disabled. It would appear that the security update installs a new IONVMeFamily.kext, while my installation requires that only the HackrNVMeFamily.kext be present. (I can’t remember the details of the original installation procedure…)

Heads up on the macOS Sierra 10.2.6 Security Update 2017-001 vs. NVMe boot:

After installing the update, my Skull Canyon NUC6i7KYK failed to boot from NVMe. (I am using HackrNVMeFamily.kext.)

The boot would kernel panic in com.apple.iokit.IOSCSIArchitectureModelFamily.

To resolve, I booted single-user (boot option -s via Clover) and renamed /System/Library/Extensions/IONVMeFamily.kext to
IONVMeFamily.kext.disabled. It would appear that the security update installs a new IONVMeFamily.kext, while my installation requires that only the HackrNVMeFamily.kext be present. (I can’t remember the details of the original installation procedure…)

Sounds like you didn't implement HackrNVMe correctly.
Read here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Installing High Sierra on NUC6i5SYH.
After booting using Unibeast methord, what audio and network drivers do i need to install?

Installing High Sierra on NUC6i5SYH.
After booting using Unibeast methord, what audio and network drivers do i need to install?

This guide DOES NOT use Unibeast/Multibeast.
Read post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back