Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Useless .ini file.
Upload images (in a single zip, use a compact format such as jpg) of all your BIOS settings.
Please, find all BIOS screenshots attached. I tried same process with High Sierra yesterday and failed again. So, I'll stay in this thread as my problem exists for both. I used USB 3.0 and 2.0 sticks. Please, suggest.
2017-09-25 16.32.16.jpg 2017-09-25 16.32.22.jpg 2017-09-25 16.32.33.jpg 2017-09-25 16.32.37.jpg 2017-09-25 16.32.41.jpg 2017-09-25 16.32.46.jpg 2017-09-25 16.32.58.jpg 2017-09-25 16.33.06.jpg 2017-09-25 16.33.25.jpg 2017-09-25 16.33.31.jpg 2017-09-25 16.33.38.jpg 2017-09-25 16.33.46.jpg 2017-09-25 16.33.54.jpg 2017-09-25 16.33.57.jpg 2017-09-26 08.05.43.jpg 2017-09-26 08.08.54.jpg

Why did you disable/uncheck "Execute Disable Bit" when the guide clearly recommends the opposite?

Why did you disable/uncheck "Execute Disable Bit" when the guide clearly recommends the opposite?
such a stupid. sincerely apologize, I overlooked that. Installer is boot now! Thank you for you patience and support.

such a stupid. sincerely apologize, I overlooked that. Installer is boot now! Thank you for you patience and support.

I guess now we know there is no issue with BIOS r50.

I guess now we know there is no issue with BIOS r50.

i just set up a new SC nuc with bios r50, all seems to work fine without issue.

thankyou very much for the guides @RehabMan

anyone get thunderbolt working? I cant upgrade the firmware in windows because a TB3 device must be connected and i dont have one handy

also, i am testing out a .1 v undervolt in windows right now - minimal testing done, but seems stable so far with big drops in temp/fan noise (almost 20 degrees C temp drop). I'll stress test for a few days and let everyone know

Yes. That is the update scenario, which was the topic of my post.

Correct.
There is a way to avoid APFS there too, but it requires modifying some XML at one of the installer stages, or installing twice (think about using startosinstall from an installed APFS volume to create an HFS+ install).

Hi Rehabman,

In a single SSD i have win 10/macOS Sierra/macOS HS. So from the macOS HS partition i started the installer by issuing the command "/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO". The installer started and upon the first reboot i noticed that it installs to the HS partition and did not give me the option of selecting which partition i want to install to.

Is it that i must start the installation from macOS Sierra partition?

Hi Rehabman,

In a single SSD i have win 10/macOS Sierra/macOS HS. So from the macOS HS partition i started the installer by issuing the command "/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --converttoapfs NO". The installer started and upon the first reboot i noticed that it installs to the HS partition and did not give me the option of selecting which partition i want to install to.

Is it that i must start the installation from macOS Sierra partition?

If you wanted to install to a different partition than the one you're running startosinstall from, you must use the --volume option.
Refer to the usage:
Code:
/Applications/"Install macOS High Sierra.app"/Contents/Resources/startosinstall --usage

Current --usage output:
Code:
Usage: startosinstall --volume <target volume path>

Arguments
--applicationpath, a path to copy of the OS installer application to start the install with.
--license, prints the user license agreement only.
--agreetolicense, agree to license the license you printed with --license.
--rebootdelay, how long to delay the reboot at the end of preparing. This delay is in seconds and has a maximum of 300 (5 minutes).
--pidtosignal, Specify a PID to which to send SIGUSR1 upon completion of the prepare phase. To bypass "rebootdelay" send SIGUSR1 back to startosinstall.
--converttoapfs, specify either YES or NO on if you wish to convert to APFS.
--installpackage, the path of a package to install after the OS installation is complete; this option can be specified multiple times.
--usage, prints this message.
--volume, path to the target volume.

Example: startosinstall --volume /Volumes/Target --converttoapfs YES

I did reduced the Voltage -0,14V offset. At least 10°C lower. (I did test best settings in Windows with tool, because I can reduce Vcore on the fly. After testing with Prime etc. lowest value I can use is a offset of -0,14V). Of course every CPU is different. Maybe you can't reach even -0,05V maybe you can reach -0,2 V and then the CPU will be even much cooler with less noise.

@TECH_ATTACK how did you get your undervolt to stick? i just tested -.110 stable in windows using XTU but when i try to apply the voltage offset in BIOS i get the standard voltages in windows.

would really like to get this working, with undervolt i can go from 100C and throttling to ~86C max under full load

Hi Rehabman system working fine however when I reboot the menus are missing from the tap to due to resolution change. I check the display settings and it hasnt changed from 1080p. I select 1080i and back to 1080p and its all fine.

any ideas?

Hi Rehabman system working fine however when I reboot the menus are missing from the tap to due to resolution change. I check the display settings and it hasnt changed from 1080p. I select 1080i and back to 1080p and its all fine.

any ideas?

No idea what you mean by "menus are missing from the tap". Nor "resolution change". You will need to explain in detail.

Also, you forgot to fill out your profile with hardware details.
And you failed to attach "problem reporting" files as per post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back