Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This thread is only for those following the guide in post #1.
If you follow as written, it will work.

Why?
From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

I think you misread my messages, my CURRENT logs are on the installation that did not launch the Post installation procedure. The addressed problem is unrelated. (cpu scaling) I experienced the same on windows and Linux when it comes to realtime software, its also common for PC gamers to set CPU idle to max.
I just said that as a note :audio didn't work since I couldn't provide "Problem report" procedure by the letter due to skipping unrelated issue that I will post later since backing up and reinstalling system immediately is a pain in the ass bear with me. Though thanks for the reminder, I'll memorize it by heart :) though you also didn't give me the chance to submit the my experience/findings, I don't see why it would be impossible for a software to have a bug, it could be user related just give me a small amount of time to post my finding before assuming a user error.

Last edited:
I think you misread my messages, my CURRENT logs are on the installation that did not launch the Post installation procedure.

You must follow the post install instructions in post #1.

The addressed problem is unrelated.

No idea what you mean by "the addressed problem", nor what you mean by "unrelated". Unrelated to what?
I will not support anyone in this thread that is not following the guide.
Sorry, but anyone not following post #1, but then asking questions here is clearly "off-topic".

I just said that as a note :audio didn't work

You should not expect audio to work without following the post-install instructions in post #11.

I don't see why it would be impossible for a software to have a bug, it could be user related just give me a small amount of time to post my finding before assuming a user error.

So far, your user error is obvious and clear: You didn't follow the guide.

You must follow the post install instructions in post #1.

No idea what you mean by "the addressed problem", nor what you mean by "unrelated". Unrelated to what?
I will not support anyone in this thread that is not following the guide.
Sorry, but anyone not following post #1, but then asking questions here is clearly "off-topic".

You should not expect audio to work without following the post-install instructions in post #11.

So far, your user error is obvious and clear: You didn't follow the guide.

And you keep losing the track of my messages, taking me out of context.

You probably forgot my first message on this thread. it was about suggestion for adding a hint about cpu scaling, since as you know NUCs are desktop with mobile cpus that do not utilize battery, and you cant lock to boost without enabling speedstep, You decided to focus on a small note of mine regarding audio that I should not have included :( (I even admitted its my mistake, i just included it since you wanted a complete error report where audio should be working, also for no reason, as you didn't believe cpu scaling affects performance in some cases and decided to assume its configuration error). this is not an error report, just a suggestion, if feedback and suggestion isn't allowed here then apologies.

Also before you start saying if you follow post #1 you wouldn't have any issues. CPU scaling performance is universal, its OS/software independent. HP Vertica systems suggest to disable it for database server.

Last edited:
And you keep losing the track of my messages, taking me out of context.

You probably forgot my first message on this thread. it was about suggestion for adding a hint about cpu scaling, since as you know NUCs are desktop with mobile cpus that do not utilize battery, and you cant lock to boost without enabling speedstep, You decided to focus on a small note of mine regarding audio that I should not have included :( (I even admitted its my mistake, i just included it since you wanted a complete error report where audio should be working, also for no reason, as you didn't believe cpu scaling affects performance in some cases and decided to assume its configuration error). this is not an error report, just a suggestion, if feedback and suggestion isn't allowed here then apologies.

Also before you start saying if you follow post #1 you wouldn't have any issues. CPU scaling performance is universal, its OS/software independent. HP Vertica systems suggest to disable it for database server.

I replied quite directly to your suggestion of using Clover features to enable HWP (it is the wrong approach).

Oh yeah thanks, donno hows that related though.

No experience with that software.

You should probably attach "Problem Reporting" files for checking.
Huh? :D

Cheers!

Last edited:
My Perixx wireless USB keyboard/mouse (PERIDUO-707) periodically and with increasing frequency stops responding until I pull out/reinsert the nano receiver. Are there any hack issues that might cause this or is it time to buy a new mouse/keyboard combo. I haven't noted any problems when I boot windows, but that is increasingly rare nowadays.

Thanks

Removed karabiner elements and the problem has gone too.

Huh?

This post is a statement regarding the cause/solution found:
Oh my bad, it worked here after following post #1 carefully!

Oh my bad, it worked here after following post #1 carefully!

************************UPDATED*****************************
Hi All,

I have 2 issues with my build NUC6i5SYH.

1. no audio
2. When opening a jpeg its all pixelated in preview no where else..

This is what I have done

I created a 16gb usb doot driver with clover.
Tried to install macos sierra however I get the payload error from the mac install setup.
I have a macbook air with the i5 processor so decided to do a restore from the time machine.
This got me going but 2 issues above I cant fix.

I have followed the guides but I stuck!View attachment 278840 View attachment 278840

Please see problem reporting zip file

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back