Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok my last perfect install was screwed because I upgraded to 10.13b5 so reinstalled but now my CPU speed is incorrectly reported as 3.56GHz.

Please see the attached zip file, in it there is a screen capture of "About This Mac" which shows the CPU incorrectly reported.

How do I get the correct CPU to be reported? Thank you.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 85
Ok my last perfect install was screwed because I upgraded to 10.13b5 so reinstalled but now my CPU speed is incorrectly reported as 3.56GHz.

Please see the attached zip file, in it there is a screen capture of "About This Mac" which shows the CPU incorrectly reported.

How do I get the correct CPU to be reported? Thank you.

Set config.plist/CPU/FrequencyMHz appropriately.
Your CPU is 2.3 Ghz, so:
config.plist/CPU/FrequencyMHz=2300

And you could go back to what we used to do where we spoofed HD580 as HD540.
In SSDT-IGPU.dsl, in the 0x193b case, change:
Code:
                    "RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x3b, 0x19, 0x00, 0x00 },

To:
Code:
                    "RM,device-id", Buffer() { 0x26, 0x19, 0x00, 0x00 },

That causes FakePCIIID to spoof 0x1926 for 0x193b (instead of spoofing same/native).

It is possible there are bugs in the SKL drivers for 0x193b and simulating some lower end graphics (in this case HD540) may help.

Please note that I went ahead and made this change to the current github files.

Set config.plist/CPU/FrequencyMHz appropriately.
Your CPU is 2.3 Ghz, so:
config.plist/CPU/FrequencyMHz=2300

That didn't work. It still shows as 3.55GHz. Prior to changing i saw the FrequencyMHZ was set to 1800.

Any thing else I could try?

That didn't work. It still shows as 3.55GHz. Prior to changing i saw the FrequencyMHZ was set to 1800.

Any thing else I could try?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

My Perixx wireless USB keyboard/mouse (PERIDUO-707) periodically and with increasing frequency stops responding until I pull out/reinsert the nano receiver. Are there any hack issues that might cause this or is it time to buy a new mouse/keyboard combo. I haven't noted any problems when I boot windows, but that is increasingly rare nowadays.

Thanks

Hi,I'm going to buy Skull Canyon, What about its boot time ? My hackintosh with nvme ssd spends 30s to start up.

My Perixx wireless USB keyboard/mouse (PERIDUO-707) periodically and with increasing frequency stops responding until I pull out/reinsert the nano receiver. Are there any hack issues that might cause this or is it time to buy a new mouse/keyboard combo. I haven't noted any problems when I boot windows, but that is increasingly rare nowadays.

Thanks

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Also, your profile does not indicate you have a NUC. Please fix before you reply.

Hi,I'm going to buy Skull Canyon, What about its boot time ? My hackintosh with nvme ssd spends 30s to start up.

I do not use an NVMe for my NUC boot drive (the NVMe is for Windows). But I am using a Samsung SM951/AHCI (PCIe x4/M2). The NVMe drive and the SM951/AHCI have similar performance (but less hassle with the AHCI setup as it is native).

I currently have the SSD normally in the NUC6i7KYK (Skull Canyon) installed in the NUC7i7BNH.
But the two computers have similar boot times.
Just measured the NUC7, and it was 10 seconds (that is from Clover -> macOS login screen).

Hi!

I'm trying to install macOS Sierra in my new NUC6CAYH. I've created the USB using Unibeast because it's the only way I found to make Clover boot. But I can't reach the installation screen, it freezes 2 seconds after booting. It's something related with OsxAptioFixDrv.

This is using OsxAptioFixDrv-64.efi
IMG_5878.JPG

And this is using OsxAptioFixDrv2-64.efi
IMG_2089.JPG

I also tried with Nick Woodham's OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi without success.

Can anyone help me?:rolleyes:

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 70
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back