Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use NUC6i5SYH with 960 evo(nvme) 250GB.

For osx 10.12.3~4, this guide was worked well for my nuc.

But, for present 10.12.5, my nuc can not boot, stuck at apple logo on boot.
All result are same using two method for 10.12.5.
1) After install 10.12.4 by this guide, the system was perfectly worked and installed combo update 10.12.5
2) Clean install 10.12.5 by this guide with clover 4077.

Could you have a idea for my problem??

*attached files: used config.plist for 10.12.4 and 10.12.5

Did you forget about Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext?
If your computer is affected by the hang (new in 10.12.5), you need those kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Hi Rehabman attached necessary files. one thing the recovery partition isn't working. when I select the recovery partition the shows blank.

Please do let me know what to do to have proper access to the recovery partition.

Attachments

• ioreg.zip
    2.5 MB · Views: 82
  • patchmatic.zip
    46.3 KB · Views: 66
  • Terminal output.jpeg
    Terminal output.jpeg
    275.8 KB · Views: 78
  • config.plist
    9.5 KB · Views: 267
  • Clover.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 79
Hi Rehabman attached necessary files. one thing the recovery partition isn't working. when I select the recovery partition the shows blank.

Please do let me know what to do to have proper access to the recovery partition.

To boot the recovery partition, you may need to add Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (as per post #1).

I would try that, and if it is not working, then boot verbose and show photo of where it stops.

I don't know why you have RealtekRTL8111.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. As per post #1, this series of computers uses Intel Ethernet and IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

This setup, otherwise... looks fine... I notice you're booting from the main drive now.

Note: No need to provide 4 copies of ioreg. One ioreg contains all planes (IOService/IOACPIPlane/IODeviceTree/etc)

A question for Skull Canyon NUC owners.

I ordered an m.2 Apple WiFi + BT chip (photos attached) from a Chinese website, which was linked in one of the earlier posts on this thread. I'm a little stumped as to where the attached cable should be plugged, as it seems to be required for BT support. I've combed through the motherboard of the Skull Canyon and I can't find an open two-pin slot beside the one used for the fan.

Also, when I got the WiFi working, the signal was rather weak. Am I supposed to disconnect the soldered antenna on the original card and connect it to this one?

I'm hoping someone here has used a similar solution and can offer insight.

Attachments

• nuc_m2_wifi_2.jpg
    nuc_m2_wifi_2.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 105
  • nuc_m2_wifi.jpg
    nuc_m2_wifi.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 124
A question for Skull Canyon NUC owners.

I ordered an m.2 Apple WiFi + BT chip (photos attached) from a Chinese website, which was linked in one of the earlier posts on this thread. I'm a little stumped as to where the attached cable should be plugged, as it seems to be required for BT support. I've combed through the motherboard of the Skull Canyon and I can't find an open two-pin slot beside the one used for the fan.

It is probably USB (bluetooth uses USB). You will need some sort of adapter for the USB header...

Also, when I got the WiFi working, the signal was rather weak. Am I supposed to disconnect the soldered antenna on the original card and connect it to this one?

You will need antennas. Just buy an extra set to lay in there...

Did you forget about Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext?
If your computer is affected by the hang (new in 10.12.5), you need those kexts in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other.

Dear Rehanman,

Thanks for your advice.
Now my nuc works well now, after using "Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext" as you said.

To boot the recovery partition, you may need to add Lilu.kext + IntelGraphicsFixup.kext to EFI/Clover/kexts/Other (as per post #1).

I would try that, and if it is not working, then boot verbose and show photo of where it stops.

I don't know why you have RealtekRTL8111.kext in EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. As per post #1, this series of computers uses Intel Ethernet and IntelMausiEthernet.kext.

This setup, otherwise... looks fine... I notice you're booting from the main drive now.

Note: No need to provide 4 copies of ioreg. One ioreg contains all planes (IOService/IOACPIPlane/IODeviceTree/etc)

Excellent. Now able to boot to recovery partition w/o the usb drive.

a few things i want to clarify.

1) System Integrity Protection status: disabled. Are we supposed to enable this?

Thanks.

Last edited:
1) System Integrity Protection status: disabled. Are we supposed to enable this?

No. You simply cannot predict when the system will decide to rebuild kernel cache. If it builds with SIP enabled, your unsigned kexts are rejected and the system will not boot without FakeSMC.kext/Lilu.kext/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/etc.

No. You simply cannot predict when the system will decide to rebuild kernel cache. If it builds with SIP enabled, your unsigned kexts are rejected and the system will not boot without FakeSMC.kext/Lilu.kext/IntelGraphicsFixup.kext/etc.
Aright in that case i wont touch on that.

I am planning on updating from 10.12.3 to 10.12.5 soon. My build from this guide is around February. My plan is to:
  1. Update to the latest repository per the steps in the Major Update section of post 1. This will also add in Lilu.kext and IntelGraphicsFixup.kext in case they are needed, correct?
  2. Add back custom config.plist changes
  3. Run the update from the app store
If there is anything I should change please let me know. I'll do reboots and backup after step #2 to make sure everything still works before the update.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back