Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just want to express my sincere gratitude to you for this remarkable and thorough guide. You have truly simplified an otherwise frustrating process and, thanks to you, I have a Skull Canyon NUC that is running Sierra silky smooth, even on a dual NVMe setup.

I sure hope you continue to provide this invaluable service. Much respect.

I just want to express my sincere gratitude to you for this remarkable and thorough guide. You have truly simplified an otherwise frustrating process and, thanks to you, I have a Skull Canyon NUC that is running Sierra silky smooth, even on a dual NVMe setup.

I sure hope you continue to provide this invaluable service. Much respect.

Thanks for the compliments.
Did you implement software RAID0 with your dual NVMe?

Also, if you could fill out your profile with hardware details that would be great.

Thanks for the compliments.
Did you implement software RAID0 with your dual NVMe?

Also, if you could fill out your profile with hardware details that would be great.

The second disk is being used as a Linux partition. But given how stable MacOS is running on this NUC, RAID0 is looking rather tempting.

The only downside I can see on this system is the lack of native Bluetooth / WiFi, as I had gotten used to Handoff and Airdrop. I'm considering an M.2 -based solution, but that means losing my secondary drive.

The second disk is being used as a Linux partition. But given how stable MacOS is running on this NUC, RAID0 is looking rather tempting.

The only downside I can see on this system is the lack of native Bluetooth / WiFi, as I had gotten used to Handoff and Airdrop. I'm considering an M.2 -based solution, but that means losing my secondary drive.

Yeah, unfortunately, soldered WiFi seems to be Intel's direction here.
Makes other manufacturer's offerings such as Gigabyte BRIX more interesting (would require very similar setup).

Yeah, unfortunately, soldered WiFi seems to be Intel's direction here.
Makes other manufacturer's offerings such as Gigabyte BRIX more interesting (would require very similar setup).

I've actually had my eye on one of these: http://www.gigabyte.us/Mini-PcBarebone/GB-BNi5HG6-1060-rev-10#ov

Perhaps I will go this route once Kaby Lake support is native in MacOS. At the rate Apple is moving, it might be a while.

As for this NUC, would USB based BT/WiFi solutions enable native networking features like Handoff/Airdrop? Sorry if this has been answered already.

I've also been experimenting with various kexts in an effort to get the SD card slot working, but so far no luck.

As for this NUC, would USB based BT/WiFi solutions enable native networking features like Handoff/Airdrop? Sorry if this has been answered already.

I'm not sure... I'm not a big user of these features.
USB WiFi is so painful to use, that I can't really recommend it.

I've also been experimenting with various kexts in an effort to get the SD card slot working, but so far no luck.

You might try this:
http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/321080-sineteks-driver-for-realtek-rtsx-sdhc-card-readers/

USB not booting on nuc6ayh. In fact i'm not sure if it should work, it's a nuc6 but the new generation. It just loads for 5 secs and stops. Verbose mode don't give any useful info. Maybe the config.plist should be different?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back