Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I am curious as to how most people are accessing the internet on the newer NUCs with the soldered wifi cards? Obviously it is well documented that usb dongles tend to be unreliable on the hack, but I may have to just pick one up and live with it. Just wondering how many others are in the same boat?

I had an Airport Express laying around that I configured to "join mode" and connected via eithernect to my SC NUC. It has been working pretty well. On occasion the ethernet device drops off and cycles between "no connection" and "no internet" in the Mac System preferences until I reboot. This has only happened a handful of times over the past 3 months.

Is this a normal output when doing ./instal_download.sh ?

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOBluetoothHCIController' for vtable 'vtable for AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: A8DA8A9C0AAF66B9C2C3ACD31ABD1C8C

Is this a normal output when doing ./instal_download.sh ?

kxld[com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController]: The super class vtable 'vtable for IOBluetoothHCIController' for vtable 'vtable for AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController' is out of date. Make sure your kext has been built against the correct headers.
Link failed (error code 5).
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
Can't use AppleUSBBluetoothHCIController.kext - not linked.
Prelink failed for com.apple.driver.BroadcomUSBBluetoothHCIController; omitting from prelinked kernel.
KernelCache ID: A8DA8A9C0AAF66B9C2C3ACD31ABD1C8C

No. First it is ./install_downloads.sh, not ./instal_download.sh.
And I assume that is a partial listing of the output?
And it indicates your bluetooth kexts are corrupt (run the macOS/OS X installer to correct them).

Great guide. Thanks, RehabMan!

Will I have any trouble with two m.2 SSDs in the Skull Canyon, one NVMe drive for Windows 10 and one SATA drive for Sierra?

I suppose that I would be able to select my boot drive via BIOS options and I would avoid the challenges associated with having both OSs share a drive. Is there anything I should consider before attempting?

Will I have any trouble with two m.2 SSDs in the Skull Canyon, one NVMe drive for Windows 10 and one SATA drive for Sierra?

I use a Samsung 950 Pro/NVMe for Windows, and a Samsung SM951/AHCI for Sierra.
I use HackrNVMeFamily to access my Windows NTFS partition from Sierra (readonly).
It works fine.

I suppose that I would be able to select my boot drive via BIOS options and I would avoid the challenges associated with having both OSs share a drive. Is there anything I should consider before attempting?

I'm booting to Clover on the SM951. From there, I can choose Windows or Sierra.

Note: There are no "challenges" with installing both systems on the same drive... just correct [and incorrect] procedures.

Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my bluetooth usb dongle to work. Im using the IOGear GBU521 ([0a5c:21e8] Bluetooth USB Dongle (20702A1)). Bluetooth is said to be "on", but I can't find any devices.
I followed the guide, so I have the BrcmFirmware and BrcmPatchRam2 kexts in S/L/E.
I attached some files which can maybe help to debug.

Any tips ?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 23.07.54.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 23.07.54.png
    81.1 KB · Views: 124
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 23.08.06.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 23.08.06.png
    34.6 KB · Views: 125
  • Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 23.08.13.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-24 at 23.08.13.png
    39.3 KB · Views: 98
  • David’s iMac.ioreg
    4.4 MB · Views: 136
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting my bluetooth usb dongle to work. Im using the IOGear GBU521 ([0a5c:21e8] Bluetooth USB Dongle (20702A1)). Bluetooth is said to be "on", but I can't find any devices.
I followed the guide, so I have the BrcmFirmware and BrcmPatchRam2 kexts in S/L/E.
I attached some files which can maybe help to debug.

Any tips ?

You forgot to disable onboard Intel bluetooth.

I have a NUC6i5syk and I have a problem with my monitor. After it goes to sleep I'm not able to wake up again. The light goes orange and I can't access the desktop so I have to restart the NUC by force.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back