Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
No edits to system kexts required.
This guide installs the correct BrcmPatchRAM kexts already.
Undo whatever changes you made.
I assume that after updating to 10.12.4 the kexts are native again? Any changes I previously made are undone?

The IOGear GBU521 is still not working. How can i debug this, or which files do I have to provide in order to fix this?

Does anyone have any tricks for dual monitors? After I hotplug the HDMI, the MDP monitor comes and goes, blanking all the time. Is there a special ig-platform-id for the the 520 other than the standard in RehabMan's plist?

Does anyone have any tricks for dual monitors? After I hotplug the HDMI, the MDP monitor comes and goes, blanking all the time. Is there a special ig-platform-id for the the 520 other than the standard in RehabMan's plist?

You could try other ig-platform-id values or different settings in BIOS.
ig-platform-id is injected from SSDT-IGPU.aml.

You could try other ig-platform-id values or different settings in BIOS.
ig-platform-id is injected from SSDT-IGPU.aml.
Ah! I did not know that is where I have to try plugging different values. I was just dropping them in config.plist. #TMYK
I'll give it a shot and report back.
Thanks for the tip, @RehabMan!

Ah! I did not know that is where I have to try plugging different values. I was just dropping them in config.plist. #TMYK
I'll give it a shot and report back.
Thanks for the tip, @RehabMan!

You could also remove the ig-platform-id inject from SSDT-IGPU, or even remove SSDT-IGPU while you experiment.
Then you would be able to set it from config.plist or the Clover GUI.
The guide uses ACPI for graphics inject as it is easier to support multiple models with the same general procedures...

You could also remove the ig-platform-id inject from SSDT-IGPU, or even remove SSDT-IGPU while you experiment.
Then you would be able to set it from config.plist or the Clover GUI.
The guide uses ACPI for graphics inject as it is easier to support multiple models with the same general procedures...
Fixed!

So the magic combination in my case (for my NUC6i3) was setting ig-platform-id to 0x19160002 (which I did in SSDT-IGPU.dsl). Dual-display hotplug works, there's no blanking, and no menu bar glitch.

Thanks!

Fixed!

So the magic combination in my case (for my NUC6i3) was setting ig-platform-id to 0x19160002 (which I did in SSDT-IGPU.dsl). Dual-display hotplug works, there's no blanking, and no menu bar glitch.

Thanks!

OK. Thanks...
Changed it also in the repo. We were already using 0x19160002 for HD540, and you're the first to come along with HD520.

Hello,

I'm sure this isn't the first time it's been asked but I tried searching and can't find the answer. Maybe I'm not putting in the right search words but basically..

Is it possible to have Windows OS on one of the M.2 hard drives and MacOS on the other M.2 then choose which to boot from? I don't want to dual boot off one drive because then I'll have to split up my 250gb hard drive..

Thank you

Is it possible to have Windows OS on one of the M.2 hard drives and MacOS on the other M.2 then choose which to boot from?

Yes.
This is exactly what I do...

I follow the guide and all is working well. Thanks for that.:thumbup:
Am I the only one who has Problems with Fullscreen Videos? Sometimes (not always) when I playback a video in Fullscreen (sometimes even in Windowed mode) I get a Logout. (Not a reboot, really only a log out). I knew this bug even with original Mac, but this was fixed with a earlier combo update. This happens with Youtube and sometimes with other media players. In the past the "Bug" was located in Videodecoding... anyone else having this little bug? And I can't use iMessage (couldn't activate message)

Iam running 10.12.3 with a NUC6I7 on a 4K Monitor, plugged over HDMI. (is there any advantage in using 10.12.4)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back