Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
b) Add SSDT-Config creates RMCF device , sets AUDL to 1 (no audio injection) and FAKH to 1 (HDMI audio related)
c) Add SSDT-HDEF
// inject properties for audio

Method(_SB.PCI0.HDEF._DSM, 4)
{
If (Ones == \RMCF.AUDL) { Return(0) }

I'm trying to understand this line as, I would guess that as we set \RMCF.AUDL to 1 in 3b) , we should just return out of the method at this point? However I see later that we do the following:

AUDL is set to 1 in SSDT-Config.aml. It selects layout-id=1. Your comment above "AUDL to 1 (no audio injection)" is wrong. The code will not inject audio only if AUDL is Ones. Any other value causes that value to be injected for layout-id (this repo uses layout-id 1 for ALC283, and layout-id 2 for ALC233). Ones is not the same as 1 (or One). Ones all bits set to 1 (eg. twos complement -1). Read ACPI spec for further discussion of built-in constant 'Ones'.

d) SSDT-NUCHDA

Seems to create RMCF.cache entry with CodecCommander / CodecCommanderProbeInit sections. The later has a LayoutID and PinConfigs which seem to be the real PinConfigs for our Codec

Are these used in preference to the PinConfigurations Data that exists directly under HDEF?

The content in SSDT-NUCHDA is configuration data for CodecCommander.kext. Most people patch AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext to fix the HDA pinconfigs. I use CodeCommander.

Last edited:
Should changing the Clover Graphics/ig-platform-id have any effect (I can't see any change in IORegistry when I alter it)? If not I assume the way to change it is in SSDT-IGPU, just trying to understand all the configuration values in config.plist. Also is RM,device-id just used by FakePCIID/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext so not currently used in this build?

Should changing the Clover Graphics/ig-platform-id have any effect (I can't see any change in IORegistry when I alter it)? If not I assume the way to change it is in SSDT-IGPU, just trying to understand all the configuration values in config.plist. Also is RM,device-id just used by FakePCIID/FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext so not currently used in this build?

AAPL,ig-platform-id is injected with ACPI _DSM (SSDT-IGPU).
RM,device-id is used as the spoof device-id for FakePCIID+FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext, which is typically not used here. The code is in there for experimentation with FakePCIID.

I have used this excellent guide successfully to install 10.12.0 on my NVMe (Intel 600p) based skull canyon NUC. In RehabMan's NVMe patch repo, building the HackrNVMeFamily kext requires the specification of the Mac OS version (in my case 10_12_0). I have used the "spoof" option so that the stock kext does not need to be removed. If I wish to apply the latest minor update (10.12.3), do I need to regenerate HackrNVMeFamily with the new version? If so, what is the update process? Update to the new version of HackrNVMeFamily and then start the update to 10.12.3? Any gotchas or tricks?

I have used this excellent guide successfully to install 10.12.0 on my NVMe (Intel 600p) based skull canyon NUC. In RehabMan's NVMe patch repo, building the HackrNVMeFamily kext requires the specification of the Mac OS version (in my case 10_12_0). I have used the "spoof" option so that the stock kext does not need to be removed. If I wish to apply the latest minor update (10.12.3), do I need to regenerate HackrNVMeFamily with the new version? If so, what is the update process? Update to the new version of HackrNVMeFamily and then start the update to 10.12.3? Any gotchas or tricks?

The update process is documented here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-ionvmefamily-using-class-code-spoof.210316/

Is there a recommendation on best way to create a backup that can easily be restored? I have time machine enabled and use Crashplan but that seems to both be good for file level backup and not image level.

Would be interested in best way to back up the image for protection against issues with future updates.

Thanks.

Would be interested in best way to back up the image for protection against issues with future updates.
SuperDuper? Seems to work well for me and is widely used here.

SuperDuper? Seems to work well for me and is widely used here.

I looked at SuperDuper but it appeared to create a clone of one drive on another drive - meaning it wipes out everything else on that drive. Is that correct? I was thinking about the ability to create an image stored on a NAS that could be restored. If I am misunderstanding something please let me know.

Thanks.

The drop down arrow next to "Copy" allows you to select "image". Not particularly intuitive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back