Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I installed the sierra installer on the SSD using my NUC6i5 then booted the Skull Canyon on this SSD Using the config_install_nuc6_sc.plist and got a crash report (please see screen shot)
Any idea, please? Thanks!

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

No idea without the files requested in "Problem Reporting". Must at least provide the EFI/Clover that is causing this panic.
Keep in mind the update instructions in post #1.
Updating to the latest components requires more than just ./download.sh and ./install_downloads.sh.
It also requires:
- updating config.plist (copy new config.plist preserving your SMBIOS info)
- updating ACPI files in ACPI/patched ('make install')

I can't boot anymore. How do I get the contents of EFI/CLOVER ?
I tried booting with my installer USB, but gives the same kernel panic.

I can't boot anymore. How do I get the contents of EFI/CLOVER ?
I tried booting with my installer USB, but gives the same kernel panic.

Boot from USB. Boot verbose. Provide photo. Attach EFI/Clover from USB.

I installed the sierra installer on the SSD using my NUC6i5 then booted the Skull Canyon on this SSD Using the config_install_nuc6_sc.plist and got a crash report (please see screen shot)
Any idea, please? Thanks!

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI.

Note: I have never tried doing stage 1 of install on one machine, then transfer to another. You should do both stages on the target.

EmuVariableUefi-64.efi is missing from drivers64UEFI.

Note: I have never tried doing stage 1 of install on one machine, then transfer to another. You should do both stages on the target.
Thank you. I added EmuvariableUefi-64.efi and tried:
- installer from USB --> grey screen
- NUC6i5 installer from HD --> runs "Install macOS" then Crashes

Boot from USB. Boot verbose. Provide photo. Attach EFI/Clover from USB.
I've attached the required files.
I have a Samsung 950 Pro, so I tried to use the IONVME.kext with the patches in config.plist.

Attachments

• IMG_20170201_184436.jpg
    IMG_20170201_184436.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 143
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 73
Thank you. I added EmuvariableUefi-64.efi and tried:
- installer from USB --> grey screen

What kind of monitor? How is it connected?
Did you try an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) to take away any specific issues with the monitor you're using?
Also, check BIOS settings, BIOS version.

Asking again - to do this upgrade do I need to rerun post installation steps or is it as simple as applying it? Thanks.

I only test with current files. I do not test with old content. So, I guess it may work without updates, or it may not (I don't test it that way). If your files are old, you should update them anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back