Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everything continues to run very solid. Thanks again.

Question about applying the most recent update: Can I just apply the update or do I need to refresh the repository and do the post installation steps again?

Thanks.

Everything continues to run very solid. Thanks again.

Question about applying the most recent update: Can I just apply the update or do I need to refresh the repository and do the post installation steps again?

Thanks.

Define "most recent update".

Hi!
I successfully installed Sierra on a NUC6i5 but I can't install it on a Skull Canyon.
I use the same USB key that worked for the non Skull Canyon but replaced the config.plist and the installer shows the Apple logo with progress bar then after the usual graphics glitch I get a grey screen with aquite slow arrow cursor.
I tried booting with and without FakeId=0x1:same result.
I attached my CLOVER folder to this message. I hit F4 while in clover boot screen to record tables but didn't do anything with them.
Can you please help?
Many thanks,
Seb

Edit: NUC6i7KYK + 500GB Samsung 850 evo m.2 ssd in bank A + crucial 2400 16GB in slot-0

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Hi!
I successfully installed Sierra on a NUC6i5 but I can't install it on a Skull Canyon.
I use the same USB key that worked for the non Skull Canyon but replaced the config.plist and the installer shows the Apple logo with progress bar then after the usual graphics glitch I get a grey screen with aquite slow arrow cursor.
I tried booting with and without FakeId=0x1:same result.
I attached my CLOVER folder to this message. I hit F4 while in clover boot screen to record tables but didn't do anything with them.
Can you please help?
Many thanks,
Seb

Edit: NUC6i7KYK + 500GB Samsung 850 evo m.2 ssd in bank A + crucial 2400 16GB in slot-0

Make sure you're using the correct USB port. There is only one that will work reliably (esp. with USB3 stick).

Make sure you're using the correct USB port. There is only one that will work reliably (esp. with USB3 stick).
I used the front left one (orange) when getting to grey screen. If I plug it in the right one (blue) I get a "forbidden" screen.

EDIT: I reapplied BIOS Settings and now I can see the OS X Installer (language selection panel) before it goes to grey screen. Once I could even see the panel where you can choose between Install and launch Disk Utility. I also had a crash report window appearing but went to grey screen before I can hit the "save as..." button.

Last edited:
If you follow the guide as written, sleep should work.
But no idea what the problem is without "Problem Reporting" files.
Dear RehabMan,
Yes! it working for guide as written, but after wake up it not have sound although i can change volume and icon sound in menu bar not hidden.
my "Problem Reporting" bellow. maybe it useful.
p/s: RehabMan.zip file i compress after wake up hackintosh.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    49.5 KB · Views: 72
  • IORegistryExplorer_file.zip
    491.4 KB · Views: 99
  • CLOVER.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 96
Dear RehabMan,
Yes! it working for guide as written, but after wake up it not have sound although i can change volume and icon sound in menu bar not hidden.
my "Problem Reporting" bellow. maybe it useful.
p/s: RehabMan.zip file i compress after wake up hackintosh.

Your profile has no indication of NUC hardware details (as requested in the guide). Please fix.
Also you did not provide all output requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting". Please read it carefully.

I used the front left one (orange) when getting to grey screen. If I plug it in the right one (blue) I get a "forbidden" screen.

EDIT: I reapplied BIOS Settings and now I can see the OS X Installer (language selection panel) before it goes to grey screen. Once I could even see the panel where you can choose between Install and launch Disk Utility. I also had a crash report window appearing but went to grey screen before I can hit the "save as..." button.

I installed the sierra installer on the SSD using my NUC6i5 then booted the Skull Canyon on this SSD Using the config_install_nuc6_sc.plist and got a crash report (please see screen shot)
Any idea, please? Thanks!

Attachments

• skull_crash.jpg
    skull_crash.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 97
  • CLOVER-2017-02-01.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 88
  • Boot 2.jpg
    Boot 2.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 106
  • Boot 3.jpg
    Boot 3.jpg