Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they are already in the config_nuc6.plist then they should have been installed - correct?

It depends on when you made your copy and/or updated your copy.
I added the patches to it yesterday.

It depends on when you made your copy and/or updated your copy.
I added the patches to it yesterday.

That makes more sense. I installed over the weekend. I will replace the config.plist with the new one tonight. That will be easier and safer than editing it.

That makes more sense. I installed over the weekend. I will replace the config.plist with the new one tonight. That will be easier and safer than editing it.

You should really try to do the copy/paste. Copy/paste in a plist is a basic skill you should learn.

I originally build the usb installer using unibeast and I had no problem. I then thought I should try to do it myself using this guide (actually the one linked to this guide on creating the usb installed using clover + this guide). For some reason, things haven't worked. After booting the usb and thinking I was installing sierra to my SSD, it wouldn't boot from the SSD on subsequent rebooting. Here is the result of "diskutil list" after trying several reboots.

Where did I do wrong?

Thanks in advance.

-bash-3.2# diskutil list
/dev/disk0 (internal, physical):
#: TYPE NAME SIZE IDENTIFIER
0: GUID_partition_scheme *500.1 GB disk0
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk0s1
2: Apple_HFS Sacks 499.8 GB disk0s2

/dev/disk1 (internal, physical):
0: GUID_partition_scheme *15.7 GB disk1
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk1s1
2: Apple_HFS install_osx 15.3 GB disk1s2

/dev/disk2 (disk image):
0: GUID_partition_scheme +5.5 GB disk2
1: EFI EFI 209.7 MB disk2s1
2: Apple_HFS OS X Install ESD 5.2 GB disk2s2

/dev/disk3 (disk image):
0: GUID_partition_scheme +2.1 GB disk3
1: Apple_HFS OS X Base System 2.0 GB disk3s1

/dev/disk4 (disk image):
0: untitled +5.2 MB disk4

/dev/disk5 (disk image):
0: untitled +524.3 KB disk5

/dev/disk6 (disk image):
0: untitled +524.3 KB disk6

I originally build the usb installer using unibeast and I had no problem. I then thought I should try to do it myself using this guide (actually the one linked to this guide on creating the usb installed using clover + this guide). For some reason, things haven't worked. After booting the usb and thinking I was installing sierra to my SSD, it wouldn't boot from the SSD on subsequent rebooting. Here is the result of "diskutil list" after trying several reboots.

What kind of SSD (NVMe, AHCI, or SATA)?
Did you install Clover to the SSD? Did you configure it as you did for the USB?
Did you complete the post-install tasks in post #1.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

Literally the last remaining problem I have with this setup is the iGPU/Graphics. I have display hotplug working, I have filevault 2 enabled, nvme SSD works great, and the computer can sleep and wake up no problem. Sometimes I do have to manually powercycle the display to get the screen working again after sleep or long period of screen off. After hotplug or waking the screen up from screen off, I get some minor artifacting/flickering. Lastly the system "crashes" and takes me to the login screen (its not a reboot) occasionally if watching a YouTube/Hulu video in fullscreen, but I can live with that.

I'm hopeful Rehabman and others like Pike will be able to uncover the issue eventually and fix it. :)

Lastly the system "crashes" and takes me to the login screen (its not a reboot) occasionally if watching a YouTube/Hulu video in fullscreen, but I can live with that.

You can try FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext as a fix for that.
I was believed that an update to Safari fixed that particular problem.

@RehabMan: I set up my new NUC6i5SYK (newest available BIOS, BTW), and I just wanted to give feedback: Sierra 10.12.2 has been working faultlessly so far. Audio works over DP, also without issues after waking from sleep.

An unexpected bonus is that besides 1920x1080 the HiDPI resolutions 3360x1890, 3008x1692 and 2560x1440 are available on my UHD monitor BenQ BL3201PT, with 3008x1692 being the sweet spot for me in between FullHD (too big) and the almost eye-hurting 3840x2160 (too small).

Thank you for making it possible to set up this outstanding hackintosh. Very pleased so far.

@RehabMan: I set up my new NUC6i5SYK (newest available BIOS, BTW), and I just wanted to give feedback: Sierra 10.12.2 has been working faultlessly so far. Audio works over DP, also without issues after waking from sleep.

An unexpected bonus is that besides 1920x1080 the HiDPI resolutions 3360x1890, 3008x1692 and 2560x1440 are available on my UHD monitor BenQ BL3201PT, with 3008x1692 being the sweet spot for me in between FullHD (too big) and the almost eye-hurting 3840x2160 (too small).

Thank you for making it possible to set up this outstanding hackintosh. Very pleased so far.

Nice to hear it working for you...

This guide and repo have been really great. Rehabman, do you have an amazon wishlist or anything? Would have sent direct but I don't have enough posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back