Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
SUCCESS!!!! I have a NUC6i5SYH setup. Thank you Rehabman for all of the help with my simple questions. A couple of notes:

- Completed everything except the SMBIOS change. Is this the best guide to follow? How necessary is this? My iCloud settings appear to be working fine.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-how-to-configure-your-systems-smbios-correctly.198155/
- The sound appears to pop when sound switches between applications. I am using powered external speakers plugged into the front audio jack so not sure if it is hardware or software
- I did need to delete my Windows partitions. Disk Utility could not erase / format them. I am pretty sure because of this issue:https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-device-for-requested-operation-error.168286/

Thanks!!!

SMBIOS can be created with Clover Configurator then copied over to your real config.plist (never use Clover Configurator directly on your config.pist). It is covered in post #1.

There are some anti-pop AppleHDA patches you might try from the config_nuc6_sc.plist.

Windows often creates partitions that Disk Utility doesn't like, or creates too small EFI. There is a full discussion of it linked by post #2 of the main laptop Clover guide.

SMBIOS can be created with Clover Configurator then copied over to your real config.plist (never use Clover Configurator directly on your config.pist). It is covered in post #1.

There are some anti-pop AppleHDA patches you might try from the config_nuc6_sc.plist.

Windows often creates partitions that Disk Utility doesn't like, or creates too small EFI. There is a full discussion of it linked by post #2 of the main laptop Clover guide.

Thanks. Can you provide any more specific information? I am new to all of this.

Post #1 states what to do to replace the SMBIOS but not how. Should I use the link I provided or are there better detailed steps somewhere?

For the anti-pop patches how do I go about doing that? I've read the thread and found some details in post #97 but still unclear on how to go about doing this or where to find the info.

Thanks.

Thanks. Can you provide any more specific information? I am new to all of this.

Post #1 states what to do to replace the SMBIOS but not how. Should I use the link I provided or are there better detailed steps somewhere?

For the anti-pop patches how do I go about doing that? I've read the thread and found some details in post #97 but still unclear on how to go about doing this or where to find the info.

Thanks.

I think if you get Clover Configurator and start experimenting, you will find it not difficult.
Learn by doing.
As for the anti-pop patches... there are two of them. Use copy/paste to copy them to your own config.plist.

OK. I tried to apply the patches and obviously did something wrong and bad. Startup now crashes immediately after the initial +++++++++++

I tried adding the values in pose #97 using Clover Configurator as additional entries in the Kext patch section. Saved it and this is where I am.

I did save a copy of the working config.plist in a folder on my desktop but don't know any way to get there. I tried booting in safe mode and booting Recovery from Recovery HD and those crashed immediately as well.

I booted from Clover on my USB drive and have these 3 options:
  • Boot OS X Install from install_osx - i assume if I select this option I have to start completely over with a fresh install and lose all of my setups and software
  • Boot macOS from MacOS (hard drive name) - this crashes
  • Boot Recover from Recovery HD - this crashes
Please advise what I can do to at least get the gold copy config.plist back in place. Would be frustrating to start over.

Then I can worry about audio pops and how to fix them correctly.

Thanks.

OK. Poked around a little more. I think I was running Clover from the computer still. Once I made sure to boot the USB clover I was able to boot the computer. From their I copied the original final config.plist back to the EFI/Clover directory and rebooted but still have the immediate hard crash.

I've attached the troubleshooting files to see if there is some magic.

If not, could I pick up again starting with copying over the nuc6 plist and following post installation steps?

Thanks.

Attachments

• Rehabman Contents.zip
    44.6 KB · Views: 99
  • Output.zip
    1.8 KB · Views: 102
  • HARLAN’s iMac IO Registry.zip
    473.4 KB · Views: 85
OK. Poked around a little more. I think I was running Clover from the computer still. Once I made sure to boot the USB clover I was able to boot the computer. From their I copied the original final config.plist back to the EFI/Clover directory and rebooted but still have the immediate hard crash.

I've attached the troubleshooting files to see if there is some magic.

If not, could I pick up again starting with copying over the nuc6 plist and following post installation steps?

Thanks.

You did not provide the files requested in "Problem Reporting". EFI/Clover appears to be missing.

Whoops. Not like those are important. Sorry about that. When I pressed F4 I did not get any message or response - not sure if something is supposed to happen. Here they are.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 127
Whoops. Not like those are important. Sorry about that. When I pressed F4 I did not get any message or response - not sure if something is supposed to happen. Here they are.

This setup is wrong. You cannot expect to use the "final config.plist" without having the correct content in ACPI/patched. You must follow the guide steps as written, in the order that they are written.

This setup is wrong. You cannot expect to use the "final config.plist" without having the correct content in ACPI/patched. You must follow the guide steps as written, in the order that they are written.

It was good before. Everything was working except audio pops until I tried to use Clover Configurator to add patches to fix the audio patch (which I am sure I did something wrong) that create the problem.

Since I can boot the SSD image from the USB Clover, could I just restart beginning with the step to install Clover on the SSD EFI drive? Will it overwrite everything correctly and allow me to recreate the correct content?

It was good before. Everything was working except audio pops until I tried to use Clover Configurator to add patches to fix the audio patch (which I am sure I did something wrong) that create the problem.

Since I can boot the SSD image from the USB Clover, could I just restart beginning with the step to install Clover on the SSD EFI drive? Will it overwrite everything correctly and allow me to recreate the correct content?

Can I get confirmation on this before proceeding? I can redo starting with the install clover on SSD EFI steps to rebuid correct boot clover?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back