Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clover was installed on the internal SSD. That's where the sleep function was used.

Clover was installed on the internal SSD. That's where the sleep function was used.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".
Also, show output of 'pmset -g' in Terminal.

Also, show output of 'efibootmgr' in Linux.

Note also that you seem to imply you're booting from the USB when you write this:
Tried to install a default install of clover to the SSD but it just boots into Windows. No signs of Clover in the boot menu. My EFI folder looks the same to me so I'm not sure how Clover just disappeared :O.

I followed post #2 and ran the following commands: sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI" and sudo efibootmgr -o 4. That worked. Does that mean that the Clover bootloader wont dissapear anymore?\

~  pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 1
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 1
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
sleep 10 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSourceSync)
autopoweroffdelay 28800
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 10
standbydelay 10800

I will try to see if it reboots when trying to sleep again. Are there any logs that I should check to see where things might go wrong with sleep?

I followed post #2 and ran the following commands: sudo efibootmgr -c -L "Clover UEFI" -l "\EFI\CLOVER\CLOVERX64.EFI" and sudo efibootmgr -o 4. That worked. Does that mean that the Clover bootloader wont dissapear anymore?\

Clover never "disappeared". It was just that you installed Windows and the Windows installer made the Windows Boot Manager priority in UEFI.

~  pmset -g
System-wide power settings:
Currently in use:
standby 1
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp 1
autorestart 0
hibernatefile /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap 1
networkoversleep 0
disksleep 10
sleep 10 (sleep prevented by AddressBookSourceSync)
autopoweroffdelay 28800
hibernatemode 0
autopoweroff 1
ttyskeepawake 1
displaysleep 10
standbydelay 10800

That part looks fine.

But, you did not attach files requested in "Problem Reporting".

Here it is. Also, do I need to something when I edit the config.plist? I tried to change the defaultvolume in Clover but its still selecting my Windows partition on startup. Does it run a cached version of config.plist or something like that? Thanks.

Attachments

• Troubleshooting.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 137
Here it is. Also, do I need to something when I edit the config.plist? I tried to change the defaultvolume in Clover but its still selecting my Windows partition on startup. Does it run a cached version of config.plist or something like that? Thanks.

Your DefaultVolume setting is incorrect. You should probably read the Clover documentation.

Your setup looks ok, but I think your reboot on wake from sleep is likely caused by one of the many USB devices you have plugged in. Or a problem caused by SmoothMouse. Or a problem with LittleSnitch. Or a problem with SoundFlower. Or a problem with DisplayLink. Or a problem with VMware. Or a problem with Duet. Or a problem with DAEMONTools.VirtualSCSIBus.

In other words... you have loaded a lot of extra junk onto your system...

You should try without some of those things to see if you can isolate the problem.

Also, you have Google Chrome hooking all your USB ports. Hint: chrome://flags/#enable-webusb

Disabled the Google Chrome webusb. Nevermind - I hate plists lol. It works now.

Last edited:
when trying to install tools (aka ./install_downloads.sh) and after doing "csrutil disable" I get the following errors:

KernelCache ID: 8F27A8714CBC4AFE99BF1578D15E13DC

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Should we continue here? 2 copying //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EncryptedRoot.plist.wipekey to /Volumes/Recovery HD/com.apple.boot.S/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EncryptedRoot.plist.wipekey: No such file or directory

Should we continue here? 2 copying //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EFILoginLocalizations to /Volumes/Recovery HD/com.apple.boot.S/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EFILoginLocalizations: No such file or directory

What is the work-around?

Thanks in advance.

when trying to install tools (aka ./install_downloads.sh) and after doing "csrutil disable" I get the following errors:

SIP is disabled with config.plist. No need to use csrutil (hence why no mention in the guide).

KernelCache ID: 8F27A8714CBC4AFE99BF1578D15E13DC

symlink("/System/Library/PrelinkedKernels/prelinkedkernel", "/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/kernelcache") failed 17 (File exists) <createPrelinkedKernel 2795>

Should we continue here? 2 copying //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EncryptedRoot.plist.wipekey to /Volumes/Recovery HD/com.apple.boot.S/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EncryptedRoot.plist.wipekey: No such file or directory

Should we continue here? 2 copying //System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EFILoginLocalizations to /Volumes/Recovery HD/com.apple.boot.S/System/Library/Caches/com.apple.corestorage/EFILoginLocalizations: No such file or directory

What is the work-around?

Those messages are from a CoreStorage setup (I think... never ran into it). Google 'core storage revert'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back