Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to install with this guide, is this not possible does it have to be el Capitan or Sierra? No matter what I do I hang at "root device UNId is"

Reinstall did not help me. Still the same 3MB. RehabMan, could you please post clover folder for your NUC6i5SYK here?

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

I am trying to install with this guide, is this not possible does it have to be el Capitan or Sierra? No matter what I do I hang at "root device UNId is"

This guide supports only 10.11.6 or 10.12.1.
There is no support for Skylake in previous versions (Skylake support arrived in 10.11.4).
Follow the guide as written. Carefully.

Last edited:
RehabMan Hello,
I read with interest your guide, I would be interested in buying the NUC6i7KYK, but I did not understand what works and what does not work ..... ALC233 audio, dual monitor etc etc
Council for HD m.2
Excuse my English

RehabMan Hello,
I read with interest your guide, I would be interested in buying the NUC6i7KYK, but I did not understand what works and what does not work ..... ALC233 audio, dual monitor etc etc
Council for HD m.2
Excuse my English

Read post #1.
Audio is working.
Dual monitor works the last time I checked, but there is issues with hotplug.
No idea what you mean by "Council for HD m.2".

FYI...

Updated to 10.12.2 on my Skull Canyon NUC6 using the App Store. No issues to report so far.

Thanks for the reply, I have already a NUC Haswell i5-4250U, but I wanted a good machine to play with "Logic" "garageband" and I thought NUC6i7KYK .......
I wondered a council to harddisk M.2 because I did not understand the question of NVMe .....
thank you

Thanks for the reply, I have already a NUC Haswell i5-4250U, but I wanted a good machine to play with "Logic" "garageband" and I thought NUC6i7KYK .......
I wondered a council to harddisk M.2 because I did not understand the question of NVMe .....
thank you

No idea what you mean by "wondered a council to harddisk M.2".

Does the Thunderbolt 3 port on the Nuc -i7 work ?

FYI...

HDMI/DP audio now working for the NUC6 non-Skull Canyon.

I made some tweaks to FakePCIID_Intel_HDMI_Audio.kext and have the install_downloads.sh script install it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back