Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi RehabMan. Thank you for your work. I installed El Capitan following your guide and everything worked well. After upgrading to Sierra graphics shows it's Iris 540 with 3MB memory. When I use config_install_nuc6.plist it seems right. What do I do wrong? Attaching all the necessary files.

Try with FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (your kextcache output shows it not installed).

I haven't updated my NUC6i5SYK to 10.12.1 yet because I had used both M.2 SSDs for the Skull Canyon (used as main desktop now)... but I recently ordered a new SSD, so will install it soon.

Try with FakePCIID_Intel_HD_Graphics.kext (your kextcache output shows it not installed).

I haven't updated my NUC6i5SYK to 10.12.1 yet because I had used both M.2 SSDs for the Skull Canyon (used as main desktop now)... but I recently ordered a new SSD, so will install it soon.

Tried with this kext (added to clover\kexts\other\ and to S\L\E with kext utility ), unfortunately all the same.

Tried with this kext (added to clover\kexts\other\ and to S\L\E with kext utility ), unfortunately all the same.

I just did a fresh install 10.12.1 on my NUC6i5SYK. I followed my own guide in post #1.
It works.
The only change I made was to correct the HDMI audio patches for port 0105 for 10.12.1. But it doesn't matter, as HDMI audio still not working on this model.

I think your graphics kexts are corrupt or deleted.

ok, I can reinstall just one kext (which one?)or whole OS. But, why this work properly when I boot with config_install_nuc6.plist? What should I check?

Last edited:
Model : NUC6i5SYK (BIOS 0054)
Memory : 32GB (16GB x2)
Storage : Samsung 950 PRO M.2 MZ-V5P512B/IT (NVMe 1.1)
macOS : 10.12.1
Clover : V2.3-r3949

I am trying to install Sierra on my NUC6i5SYK with following this guide for past 7 days. However,
I still cannot reach to the installer. It always get stuck before launching the installer with following
message.

busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

After about 5-10 minuts from seeing the message above, display changes to GUI mode with Apple
logo, but nothing happens after all. I do know what is wrong here. Any suggestions?

BIOS setting high lights
- Just followed the instructions on this post. BTW, there is no 'xHCI mode' item under the
Device > USB section.

Clover setting high lights
- config.plist (from the link on the 1st post)
Just added Pike's (great!) patch from below for the 950 Pro SSD. No other changes.
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/nvmefamily-kext-bin-patch-data/

- drivers64UEFI
EmuVariableUefi-64, FSInject-64, HFSPlus, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and PartitionDxe-64. No other
drivers.

- kexts
IntelMausiEthernet and IONVMeFamily (vanila one from another 10.12.1 X79hack-build) are under
the Clover/kexts/Other directory. No other kexts in it and deleted all 10.x sub directories.

- ACPI tables
No files under the Clover/ACPI/patched directory at this moment.

Model : NUC6i5SYK (BIOS 0054)
Memory : 32GB (16GB x2)
Storage : Samsung 950 PRO M.2 MZ-V5P512B/IT (NVMe 1.1)
macOS : 10.12.1
Clover : V2.3-r3949

I am trying to install Sierra on my NUC6i5SYK with following this guide for past 7 days. However,
I still cannot reach to the installer. It always get stuck before launching the installer with following
message.

busy timeout[0], (240s) kextd wait(0): 'AppleACPICPU'

After about 5-10 minuts from seeing the message above, display changes to GUI mode with Apple
logo, but nothing happens after all. I do know what is wrong here. Any suggestions?

BIOS setting high lights
- Just followed the instructions on this post. BTW, there is no 'xHCI mode' item under the
Device > USB section.

Clover setting high lights
- config.plist (from the link on the 1st post)
Just added Pike's (great!) patch from below for the 950 Pro SSD. No other changes.
https://pikeralpha.wordpress.com/2016/06/27/nvmefamily-kext-bin-patch-data/

- drivers64UEFI
EmuVariableUefi-64, FSInject-64, HFSPlus, OsxAptioFixDrv-64 and PartitionDxe-64. No other
drivers.

- kexts
IntelMausiEthernet and IONVMeFamily (vanila one from another 10.12.1 X79hack-build) are under
the Clover/kexts/Other directory. No other kexts in it and deleted all 10.x sub directories.

- ACPI tables
No files under the Clover/ACPI/patched directory at this moment.

Boot verbose, show photo. Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (omit 'themes' folder).

From where did you download macOS?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?
Are you using the correct USB port?
You might want to try an older Clover. Newer Clover is breaking things left and right...

Hi RehabMan,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I downloaded macOS from the App Store.

I have created two Install USB media. One is on my X79 hacked-build (pls refer my profile) and the other is on
my MacBookPro (genuine). But both did not work…

I have tried all four USB ports, but got the same result. I just tried Clover v2.3-r3811 and got the same result…

Attachments

• DSC_0032.JPG
    DSC_0032.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 259
  • DSC_0037.JPG
    DSC_0037.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 247
  • CLOVER.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
Hi RehabMan,

Thank you so much for your reply!

I downloaded macOS from the App Store.

I have created two Install USB media. One is on my X79 hacked-build (pls refer my profile) and the other is on
my MacBookPro (genuine). But both did not work…

I have tried all four USB ports, but got the same result. I just tried Clover v2.3-r3811 and got the same result…

Problem is you didn't follow the guide.

FakeSMC.kext is missing from EFI/Clover/kexts/Other. FakeSMC is always required.... you cannot expect to boot macOS without it. Read at the laptop Clover guide carefully for correct Clover/kexts content.

Also, your config.plist is wrong. As per post #1, you must use config_install_nuc6_sc.plist from the repo for installation.

Hi RehabMan,

Thans a million!

After putting FakeSMC.kext and replacing config.plist with nuc6_sc, I was able to reach to the installer...
Thanks again for your quick help!

+++ How stupid I am. Sigh... +++

Reinstall did not help me. Still the same 3MB. RehabMan, could you please post clover folder for your NUC6i5SYK here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back