Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Last edited:
I tried to update to sierra from el capitan from app store in to a nuc6i5syh, but when I reboot in clover I cannot see the option install mac sierra. I also tried to reboot without cache and from a usb but nothing. I have a dual boot system macos and windows. Can you have a suggestion to show "install boot" from clover. Is it a safe updating if I create a "createinstallmedia" usb with sierra and try to install it from there?

I tried to update from El Capitan over the weekend (from App Store) also dual boot nuc615syh. This failed with a disk mount error after the first stage which I had half expected as the same thing happened last time I tried it (I believe my failure is to do with the partition order). So I resorted to a re-install from USB stick using the createinstallmedia method. This actually worked quite well as after stage 1, the next boot is from disk and since the efi partition was left intact, it contained the patched DSDT/SSDT's and final config.plist etc. In fact everything except the kexts which you do need to still install. So my experience was good, still getting everything back to how I want it of course, but thats half the fun!

Also I made sure I had all the latest patches from git before I started

Last edited:
I tried to update to sierra from el capitan from app store in to a nuc6i5syh, but when I reboot in clover I cannot see the option install mac sierra. I also tried to reboot without cache and from a usb but nothing. I have a dual boot system macos and windows. Can you have a suggestion to show "install boot" from clover. Is it a safe updating if I create a "createinstallmedia" usb with sierra and try to install it from there?

Either way (USB or direct upgrade) will work, if you followed this guide. Must have already updated your files as per guide...

Note that your profile is not filled out as requested in the guide...

This failed with a disk mount error after the first stage which I had half expected as the same thing happened last time I tried it (I believe my failure is to do with the partition order).

I'm not aware of any partition order requirement. But may be you forgot EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

I'm not aware of any partition order requirement. But may be you forgot EmuVariableUefi-64.efi.

Hmm looks like you could be right! Oh well I had been considering a fresh install.

Wow great guide! I think I'm ready to start a new build. Which NUC would you all recommend? 6i5SYH or 6i7KYK?

Wow great guide! I think I'm ready to start a new build. Which NUC would you all recommend? 6i5SYH or 6i7KYK?

Personal choice... really depends on the kind of performance desired.

Rehabman,

Just upgraded from El Capitan to Sierra using your guide on the NUC Skull Canyon... smooth upgrade with no issues!

Thank you!

Hi RehabMan. Thank you for your work. I installed El Capitan following your guide and everything worked well. After upgrading to Sierra graphics shows it's Iris 540 with 3MB memory. When I use config_install_nuc6.plist it seems right. What do I do wrong? Attaching all the necessary files.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    49.9 KB · Views: 316
  • Archive.zip
    1.8 MB · Views: 405
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back