Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
A question for Skull Canyon NUC owners.

I ordered an m.2 Apple WiFi + BT chip (photos attached) from a Chinese website, which was linked in one of the earlier posts on this thread. I'm a little stumped as to where the attached cable should be plugged, as it seems to be required for BT support. I've combed through the motherboard of the Skull Canyon and I can't find an open two-pin slot beside the one used for the fan.

Also, when I got the WiFi working, the signal was rather weak. Am I supposed to disconnect the soldered antenna on the original card and connect it to this one?

I'm hoping someone here has used a similar solution and can offer insight.

Can you give me the exact specs / link of the m2 wifi card? (and antenna) please?
Does it work flawlessly in el capitan / sierra?

Currently i have icmp request timed out when using lan (i need to reboot my router after starting up my hackintosh), mostly it works after i rebooted the router and waited for some time.)

So i am looking for a reliable wifi solution instead, and since usb wifi is not recommended, i wonder if someone can give me some examples of m2 wifi cards (and antenna) that will work on el capitan (and sierra if possible) on the nuc6i5syh

thanks

Hello and thanks in advance for the advice.

I have a Intel NUC6i5SYK which I am having issue with getting the audio to work. I had it working before perfectly until I try to install windows and that where it when downhill for me.

Just to give you as much info as I can. I have the latest BIOS (version 0061)update and followed all the steps here create by RehabMan:

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK)

Everything installed correctly but the audio. I did everything in this guide at lease 30 times with no luck for the audio. Please help. If there is any additional info you need please let me know.

I have a Intel NUC6i5SYK which I am having issue with getting the audio to work. I had it working before perfectly until I try to install windows and that where it when downhill for me.

Just to give you as much info as I can. I have the latest BIOS (version 0061)update and followed all the steps here create by RehabMan:

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK)

Everything installed correctly but the audio. I did everything in this guide at lease 30 times with no luck for the audio. Please help. If there is any additional info you need please let me know.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Your audio is not going to work if you use Bluetooth to connect. As per Rehabman intel Bluetooth don't play nice with Apple.

Just a question though, is the wifi working or you using Ethernet?

Are you using a separate wifi or ethernet for network connection?

I have managed to boot up 10.12, but as mentioned in post #1 have had no success with the internal e.mmc nor the sdxc card reader. I understand that these pci devices may not be supported, but its a bit frustrating that every flavour of Linux (and even the efi shell) can see them. I assume the drivers must be pretty vanilla (which is why I hoped voodoo or even the standard AppleSDXC.kext (despite the hatred of Apple corporate hq for internal card readers) might be modifiable to work.

... So I removed AplleSDXC.kext from s/l/e and patched the vendor/product IDs in the two config.plist files I found in the voodooSDHC kext. 8086:9D2B and 8086:9D2D I believe. After boot IORegistry does show the voodooSDHC driver ... but The reader/pci devices don't appear in sysinfo nor do the drives appear elsewhere. What next can I do, if anything?

From reading another board, I was also hoping plain old AppleSDXC might work, so I changed the vendor/product name in that kext' config.plist and swapped with voodooSdhc. When I do this applesdxc is missing from my iOregistry and the devices show up as PEMC.

But I'm a newb, and just educated myself reading the net for days on end. I am not sure my attempt was performed properly. Specifically, do I need to patch the kext binary also? If so (in language a 3 year old would understand) how? After googling all day I still cannot answer these simple questions.

I also wondered about the PCI bridge -- I was wondering if it was recognized or (as I suspect) not? Might that be related?

Any other ideas how one would approach / go about tackling this issue would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have managed to boot up 10.12, but as mentioned in post #1 have had no success with the internal e.mmc nor the sdxc card reader. I understand that these pci devices may not be supported, but its a bit frustrating that every flavour of Linux (and even the efi shell) can see them. I assume the drivers must be pretty vanilla (which is why I hoped voodoo or even the standard AppleSDXC.kext (despite the hatred of Apple corporate hq for internal card readers) might be modifiable to work.

... So I removed AplleSDXC.kext from s/l/e and patched the vendor/product IDs in the two config.plist files I found in the voodooSDHC kext. 8086:9D2B and 8086:9D2D I believe. After boot IORegistry does show the voodooSDHC driver ... but The reader/pci devices don't appear in sysinfo nor do the drives appear elsewhere. What next can I do, if anything?

From reading another board, I was also hoping plain old AppleSDXC might work, so I changed the vendor/product name in that kext' config.plist and swapped with voodooSdhc. When I do this applesdxc is missing from my iOregistry and the devices show up as PEMC.

But I'm a newb, and just educated myself reading the net for days on end. I am not sure my attempt was performed properly. Specifically, do I need to patch the kext binary also? If so (in language a 3 year old would understand) how? After googling all day I still cannot answer these simple questions.

I also wondered about the PCI bridge -- I was wondering if it was recognized or (as I suspect) not? Might that be related?

Any other ideas how one would approach / go about tackling this issue would be much appreciated.

See laptop FAQ for other possible kext for the card reader.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back