Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah ok. Might be the why the cursor feels like dragging. Ok how do I find out which bandwidth my wireless mouse is?

Most wireless mice use 2.4Ghz.
Obviously, you could remove USB WiFi, use Ethernet and test.
Then you'll know...

just lost audio. lol hackintosh is not easy to maintain i suppose. no matter what i tried couldn't get the bluetooth speaker to connect.

just lost audio. lol hackintosh is not easy to maintain i suppose. no matter what i tried couldn't get the bluetooth speaker to connect.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"
Keep in mind post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio". If you have been messing around with kexts, you will likely break audio. Requires cache rebuild procedure as per post #1.

Intel bluetooth not well supported. Apple does not use Intel BT hardware.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting"
Keep in mind post #1, "Known Problems", "Audio". If you have been messing around with kexts, you will likely break audio. Requires cache rebuild procedure as per post #1.

Intel bluetooth not well supported. Apple does not use Intel BT hardware.

Ok attached the problem reporting files. Actually i had already done the cache rebuild procedure as per post 1. The audio was lost when i accidentally switched off my LG monitor during boot. When i turned on all i got is a black screen then i forced shutdown that's when this audio loss issue occurred. Right now i'm using the audio jack from the bluetooth speaker.

FYI i only have macOS Sierra installed on Samsung 850 evo m.2 SSD, i'm not dual booting with windows.

Attachments

• RehabMan.zip
    2.4 MB · Views: 70
Ok attached the problem reporting files. Actually i had already done the cache rebuild procedure as per post 1. The audio was lost when i accidentally switched off my LG monitor during boot. When i turned on all i got is a black screen then i forced shutdown that's when this audio loss issue occurred. Right now i'm using the audio jack from the bluetooth speaker.

FYI i only have macOS Sierra installed on Samsung 850 evo m.2 SSD, i'm not dual booting with windows.

Your ioreg shows audio working.
Check your settings in SysPrefs->Sound.

Your ioreg shows audio working.
Check your settings in SysPrefs->Sound.

Sound is working when I use audio jack. However when I try to connect the Bluetooth speaker using Bluetooth it won't connect and in the Bluetooth preference pane my Bluetooth speakers not listed even though I have turned on the speaker.

Let me check the sound preferences and report back.

Sound is working when I use audio jack. However when I try to connect the Bluetooth speaker using Bluetooth it won't connect and in the Bluetooth preference pane my Bluetooth speakers not listed even though I have turned on the speaker.

Let me check the sound preferences and report back.

Intel Bluetooth is not well supported. Apple doesn't use Intel BT controllers.

Hi RehabMan. First of all, thank you for everything. Most of your guides had helped me a lot to go into this world. But now I have a real mess with my last install.

I bought a GB-BSi5-6200 (http://www.gigabyte.us/Mini-PcBarebone/GB-BSi5-6200-rev-10#ov) for my daughter to work with video for the University. I followed this guide because I've found in another thread that it would work except for Audio and USB. USB is working pretty nice, but audio is missing (it doesn't appear in Audio Settings). Codec is ALC255, I've tried lots of methods to patch it (Toleda's, AppleALC, etc.) but with no luck.

One thing that I figured it's that once I apply the NUC6 DSDT from your repo, Layout ID changes to "1" and I cannot patch it anymore. I've struggled so hard with it, I know it could be patched but after spending days and days I got nothing on it.

There's no guide about this machine on the internet and that it's the most accurated thing that I've found. I wish I know how to patch a DSDT from zero to get this machine working good...

Thank you for all your effort

Intel Bluetooth is not well supported. Apple doesn't use Intel BT controllers.
Understand that. But what you suggest if I want to use the Bluetooth speaker? Is there like a Apple supported Bluetooth dongle that I can use? Or how about the wifi+Bluetooth card that can be installed into the NUC?

Last edited:
Understand that. But what you suggest if I want to use the Bluetooth speaker? Is there like a Apple supported Bluetooth single that I can use? Or how about the wifi+Bluetooth card that can be installed into the NUC?

Refer to the Buyer's Guide for USB bluetooth options.
Also post #1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back