Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Rehabman just a question.

Currently I have 10.12.5 installed on a mechanical hard disk. I want to change to Samsung 850 evo 250gig SSD. Can I simply clone the hard disk to the SSD and install the SSD into the NUC and be able to use it?

Clone the partition, then copy EFI contents.

Ok this is something i just observed.

When i left my mac OS Sierra unattend with no activity, it basically logs out however when i move the mouse, i was presented with a login page and all my apps/browsers are gone.

I think there's no sleep.

Ok this is something i just observed.

When i left my mac OS Sierra unattend with no activity, it basically logs out however when i move the mouse, i was presented with a login page and all my apps/browsers are gone.

I think there's no sleep.

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

Note: You should be able to tell the difference between sleep/wake and reboot due to the fact that reboot will go through Clover.

any idea how to lower the CPU temperature? It seems like the temperature always hover around 53degC.

Attachments

• CPU temp.jpeg
    CPU temp.jpeg
    67.7 KB · Views: 144
any idea how to lower the CPU temperature? It seems like the temperature always hover around 53degC.

You can control the CPU fan with BIOS settings.

im trying to automatically boot into macos sierra however even i set the timeout to zero i still need to select in order to boot into macos sierra.

Attachments

• config.plist
    9.6 KB · Views: 127
You can control the CPU fan with BIOS settings.
What do you think would be a better CPU fan speed for macos Sierra in intel nuc 6th gen i3?

What do you think would be a better CPU fan speed for macos Sierra in intel nuc 6th gen i3?

I don't understand the question.
You seem to be referring to two completely separate decisions.

I don't understand the question.
You seem to be referring to two completely separate decisions.
Apologies for not being clear.

Actually i was asking at what fan speed should i set to in BIOS?

i have a second problem.

When i put my system to sleep, it went to sleep but when i come back it's at the clover boot screen waiting for me to enter. Any idea what could have caused the reboot? Let me know what files needed for this troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back