Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
And maybe a workaround to avoid this? At least when I left the NUC downloading something for a long time.

SysPrefs->Energy Saver->"Turn display off after"...
Also,
SysPrefs->Mission Control->Hot Corners

Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Look at your config.plist/GUI/Scan settings.

Thanks! For others, this alone didn't quite get me there. I added NTFS.efi and re-enabled legacy boot and some combination thereof got it to work again.

Motherboard
NUC6i7KYK
CPU
6th generation Intel Core i7-6770HQ
Graphics
Intel Iris Pro graphics 580
I am trying to get my graphics card to recognize, and I am following these steps in the tutorial, but in the clover menu the boot option disappears. Is there an example of a working CLOVER setup that I can see?

Attachments

• CLOVER_BROKEN.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 61

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am trying to get my graphics card to recognize, and I am following these steps in the tutorial, but in the clover menu the boot option disappears. Is there an example of a working CLOVER setup that I can see?

You forgot to copy HFSPlus.efi to drivers64UEFI.
Also, your EFI/Clover/kexts/Other is wrong (no kexts there).
Also, your config.plist is not correct for the content you have in ACPI/patched (your ACPI/patched content is for "Final config.plist", but you have the config.plist for installation).

Read the guide carefully.

Motherboard
NUC6i7KYK
CPU
Graphics
Thanks I clearly screwed up there and I think skipped a big portion of the guide. :/

Of course now I'm getting a HID: Legacy shim 2 waiting for root device error on boot, which is now some progress!!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 70
Motherboard
NUC6i7KYK
CPU
Graphics
I am able to boot into SK and I went through the install guide, the only issue I see is that the DP doesn't work and I am trying to find where AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext is located but I don't see it in my system.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I am able to boot into SK and I went through the install guide, the only issue I see is that the DP doesn't work and I am trying to find where AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext is located but I don't see it in my system.

No need to find AppleIntelSKLGraphics.kext, but it is where most kexts are... /System/Library/Extensions.
If your DP is not working, it means you're not using the correct config.plist.
Read post #1, "Final config.plist".

Motherboard
NUC6i7KYK
CPU
Graphics
I spoke too soon, I was able to figure out the issue which you talked about in post #1. Thanks so much for your help.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Tested HWP on my Skylake NUC6i7KYK.
I get better GeekBench4 with just XCPM instead of HWP.
iMac17,1 with HWP enabled: 4235/14055
iMac17,1 without HWP (XCPM only): 4614/14652.
iMac14,2 (XCPM only): 4598/14686

By "XCPM only" I mean that I'm just injecting "plugin-type" via SSDT-PluginType1.aml (from my github repo)... eg. not using SSDT.aml from ssdtPRgen.sh (which [guessing] seems to be not needed on Haswell and later...)

I verified that HWP enabled SMBIOS do not have APSS/ACST/etc in their ACPI set. And even though iMac17,1 is not HWP enabled by default, its ACPI set also does not include APSS/ACST... Older XCPM enabled machines do have APSS/ACST, but I suspect it is not actually used...

Status
Not open for further replies.