Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I follow the guide and all is working well. Thanks for that.:thumbup:
Am I the only one who has Problems with Fullscreen Videos? Sometimes (not always) when I playback a video in Fullscreen (sometimes even in Windowed mode) I get a Logout. (Not a reboot, really only a log out). I knew this bug even with original Mac, but this was fixed with a earlier combo update. This happens with Youtube and sometimes with other media players. In the past the "Bug" was located in Videodecoding... anyone else having this little bug? And I can't use iMessage (couldn't activate message)

Iam running 10.12.3 with a NUC6I7 on a 4K Monitor, plugged over HDMI. (is there any advantage in using 10.12.4)?

Your profile does not indicate you own a NUC.
No ideas for you without hardware details... in your profile or signature.
And you did not attach "Problem Reporting" files. Read post #1.

You will also need to provide complete details on what you're actually doing.
Which video? Which software? If in a web browser, which browser are you using?

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i9 7960X
Graphics
AMD Vega Frontier Edition LCS
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh ok, so i do only own the hardware that I wrote to my profile? ;) (I have so many computers here). Like I said, Software does not matter. It happens in Safari, Chrome, VLC Player. Not always, but sometimes. It seems unimportant what software I use, its always with Videos, amusing way its reproducible, in videos that casing the logoff, its always the same scene (frame/second).

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Oh ok, so i do only own the hardware that I wrote to my profile? ;) (I have so many computers here). Like I said, Software does not matter. It happens in Safari, Chrome, VLC Player. Not always, but sometimes. It seems unimportant what software I use, its always with Videos, amusing way its reproducible, in videos that casing the logoff, its always the same scene (frame/second).

Still no idea which NUC you have...
And still no "Problem Reporting" files attached.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i9 7960X
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Like I said in #502 I use NUC6I7 (Skull Canyon).
I thought there are others with this problem too. I use 1:1 your .aml files and config.plist (with additional NVMe Kextstopatch).
By the way, is there a way to use the Bluetooth? Its recognized but it seems to be not working.

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Like I said in #502 I use NUC6I7 (Skull Canyon).

Must be in your profile. I will not go hunting for hardware specifications.

I thought there are others with this problem too. I use 1:1 your .aml files and config.plist (with additional NVMe Kextstopatch).

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.

By the way, is there a way to use the Bluetooth? Its recognized but it seems to be not working.

Intel BT is not well supported. Apple doesn't use Intel WiFi/BT hardware.

Motherboard
ASUS Prime X299 Deluxe
CPU
Intel Core i9 7960X
Graphics
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I understand. Just edited my profile and update to 10.12.4. If the error/bug still exists I will post my files.

P.S. Is there any way to use Thunderbolt and the Cardreader?

RehabMan

Motherboard
Intel DH67BL
CPU
i7-2600K
Graphics
HD 3000
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok, I understand. Just edited my profile and update to 10.12.4. If the error/bug still exists I will post my files.

P.S. Is there any way to use Thunderbolt and the Cardreader?

Card reader is not supported (not interesting to me... and I haven't looked into any way to make it work, google may help you...)
I have no thunderbolt devices (and it is not interesting to me...)

Motherboard
Gigabyte X99-UD3P
CPU
i7-5820k
Graphics
GTX 970
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@RehabMan - Any luck with TB3 in Sierra? I'm looking into an Akitio Node or Razer Core or similar for eGPU for my SC NUC, but I can't seem to find any info about compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.