Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have used this excellent guide successfully to install 10.12.0 on my NVMe (Intel 600p) based skull canyon NUC. In RehabMan's NVMe patch repo, building the HackrNVMeFamily kext requires the specification of the Mac OS version (in my case 10_12_0). I have used the "spoof" option so that the stock kext does not need to be removed. If I wish to apply the latest minor update (10.12.3), do I need to regenerate HackrNVMeFamily with the new version? If so, what is the update process? Update to the new version of HackrNVMeFamily and then start the update to 10.12.3? Any gotchas or tricks?

Thanks again Rehabman, just as a courtesy to others I'm reporting that I was able to update from 10.12.0 to 10.12.3 with the update steps in your link.

Thanks. That worked. What about backing up the Clover / EFI drive? Necessary? Any suggested techniques?

Hi Lanman71, the approach documented here works for me: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/disk_cloning. Essentially I boot into Linux with a USB drive, clone my mac SSD to another usb disk. If you're looking for a nice UI this is not what you want, but if you're comfortable with a little bit of command line work then it's pretty straightforward.

Thanks. That worked. What about backing up the Clover / EFI drive? Necessary? Any suggested techniques?

Well I do keep a backup on a separate disk - that way there's a fairly fast recovery procedure and provided image+clover is done at the same time you should have compatible files.

<edit> I should add that I've never needed to recover yet! Its on my list of things to do when I'm feeling lucky.

Last edited:
Got my nuc6i7kyk hackintosh up and running, got iMessage and iCloud fully working.
The ONLY thing missing is audio via HDMI, is there a trick to getting it working? Have not been able to figure that one out despite combing through various posts and multibeast

Got my nuc6i7kyk hackintosh up and running, got iMessage and iCloud fully working.
The ONLY thing missing is audio via HDMI, is there a trick to getting it working? Have not been able to figure that one out despite combing through various posts and multibeast

Read post #1, "Problem Reporting".

*edit*: attached zip file for review

Attachments

• RehadbMan ZIP.zip
    49.1 KB · Views: 62
Hey there,

I'm unable to reach the Installer... Booting in verbose mode shows that my NUC gets stuck after only 3 lines:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (I didn't count them)
_​

Hey there,

I'm unable to reach the Installer... Booting in verbose mode shows that my NUC gets stuck after only 3 lines:

OsxAptioFix2Drv: Starting overrides for \.IABootFiles\boot.efi
Using reloc block: no, hibernate wake: no
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ (I didn't count them)
_​
Upload your Clover folder. Delete the themes folder and compress all as zip.

Upload your Clover folder. Delete the themes folder and compress all as zip.

This is the /EFI/CLOVER folder on my flash drive without the themes folder:

Attachments

• clover.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 75
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back