Contribute
Register

[Guide] Intel Skylake NUC6 (and Skull Canyon) using Clover UEFI (NUC6i5SYK, NUC6i7KYK, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only test with current files. I do not test with old content. So, I guess it may work without updates, or it may not (I don't test it that way). If your files are old, you should update them anyway.
Thanks. My question is really does the update break patches or configure files and from this answer I believe no. My files are from early January.

Thanks. My question is really does the update break patches or configure files and from this answer I believe no. My files are from early January.

My update to 10.12.3 went smoothly (as have all minor updates). I have same NUC and haven't updated from repo since 23rd Dec. Always good to have a backup of course, you never know.....

Also updated to new BIOS, SYSKLi35.86A.0057

Your profile has no indication of NUC hardware details (as requested in the guide). Please fix.
Also you did not provide all output requested in post #1, "Problem Reporting". Please read it carefully.
Dear RehabMan,
My profile has no indication of NUC hardware details requested? i don't understand it? sorry, my english very bad..
update my "Problem Reporting" bellow. you need anymore? please explain and teach me!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 5.29.03 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-02-02 at 5.29.03 PM.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 146
Dear RehabMan,
My profile has no indication of NUC hardware details requested? i don't understand it? sorry, my english very bad..

Look at each post under your user id. It shows Gigabyte/Core i5/R9 270X. Not indicative of which NUC you have.

update my "Problem Reporting" bellow. you need anymore? please explain and teach me!

The files in #380 are not up-to-date with respect to the current github repo. (SSDT-NUCHDA.aml is missing some recent changes). Read post #1 for update procedures.

Look at each post under your user id. It shows Gigabyte/Core i5/R9 270X. Not indicative of which NUC you have.

The files in #380 are not up-to-date with respect to the current github repo. (SSDT-NUCHDA.aml is missing some recent changes). Read post #1 for update procedures.
Dear RehabMan,
I has done, sleep ok and wake up with sound now! and I has update to 10.12.3. thank you so much! and about my profile in forum before I has one desktop. but i not use, I will using NUC from now. thank you again!

Dear RehabMan,
I has done, sleep ok and wake up with sound now! and I has update to 10.12.3. thank you so much! and about my profile in forum before I has one desktop. but i not use, I will using NUC from now. thank you again!

Your profile should contain the actual NUC model (in Mobo), and actual CPU model (in CPU).
Thanks in advance.

What kind of monitor? How is it connected?
Did you try an invalid ig-platform-id (0x12345678) to take away any specific issues with the monitor you're using?
Also, check BIOS settings, BIOS version.
I tested with 2 different monitors:
- BenQ GL2450
- Iiyama XB2483HSU-B2
It is connected to HDMI.
Yes I tried invalid ig-platform-id but only from Clover options, not by modifying config.plist
BIOS Settings per your guide (applied several times)
BIOS version is: KYSKLi70.86A.0037.2016.0603.1032

Just to make sure hardware is okay I just installed Windows 10 and it works.
I really have no idea what I should try next.

Edit: just updated BIOS (0042) makes no difference -- grey screen and crash window as before

Last edited:
I tested with 2 different monitors:
- BenQ GL2450
- Iiyama XB2483HSU-B2
It is connected to HDMI.
Yes I tried invalid ig-platform-id but only from Clover options, not by modifying config.plist
BIOS Settings per your guide (applied several times)
BIOS version is: KYSKLi70.86A.0037.2016.0603.1032

Just to make sure hardware is okay I just installed Windows 10 and it works.
I really have no idea what I should try next.

Edit: just updated BIOS (0042) makes no difference -- grey screen and crash window as before

From where did you download macOS/OS X?
What version?
On what hardware did you create your USB installer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back